Complaint Review: Purpose Card Key Bank National Association

Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-9624294
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Purpose Card Key Bank National Association prepaid debit card ripoff Omaha Nebraska

This is a bogus setup! I applied online for a pre-paid/debit card and after about 30 days I received a letter in the mail that I will be receiving my card within the next few days. The letter provided me with loading and withdrawal options for my funds as well as the bank name, routing nubmer, etc. type of information for managing my account. The next day, I received my card with the sticker on top, saying I needed to call in and activate my card. I did so twice, and go hung up on, twice. So next, I called the customer service number, and the rep said that my card was sent by mistake/system error. I asked him to issue a new card and he said that I would need to go back online, enroll for a new card, and pay a fee of $89.00 to get my card. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, Shawn Newman. When he got on the phone, he was no help and would not give me any information on the "system error" or the reason that I could not use my card. I have no evidence of any foul play at this time, but nothing about this sounds right. I googled "Key Bank National Association" and found several rip off report, so here's another one to help people out.

Shreveport, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2005 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purpose-Card-Key-Bank-National-Association/Omaha-Nebraska-68103/Purpose-Card-Key-Bank-National-Association-prepaid-debit-card-ripoff-Omaha-Nebraska-143643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purpose Card Key Bank National Association