Complaint Review: Purpose Mastercard

• Submitted: Thu, February 23, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 23, 2006

• Reported By:Dagsboro Delaware
Purpose Mastercard
P.o Box 790204 St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

Purpose Mastercard Use Deceptive online adverstisement - NO Bank account required but they want you fax them bank statement. Ripoff St. Louis Missouri

On Saturday 18,2006: The Purpose prepaid mastercard company put a security block on my Purpose prepaid mastercard. I called them and ask about security block, they told me,"I need to faxed them a bank statement to see if any checks cover them; so that they can release my Purpose prepaid mastercard from security block". When I have bought them with cash from 75,000 locations that includes Millsboro and Selbyville Delaware Food lion stores. I called the Green Dot telephone : 1-866-405-4429 ; load the Greendot money pack with no problem. I typed in www.purposecard.com the following is listed for Fast and Easy sign-up: No credit checks; No bank account required; Convenient - enroll today!; Direct loan/Deposit your paycheck. I try to tell them, "I bought my GreenDot prepaid money packs with cash" . They didn't believe me, they have told me "to fax them bank statement to see if any checks can cover them'. They try to offer information to deposit my check in the Purposecard, but I refused.

Roy
Dagsboro, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2006 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purpose-Mastercard/St-Louis-Missouri-63179/Purpose-Mastercard-Use-Deceptive-online-adverstisement-NO-Bank-account-required-but-they-177698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purpose Mastercard