Complaint Review: Purr-fect Auto Service #26

• Submitted: Mon, June 26, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, July 05, 2000

• Reported By:Las Vegas NV
Purr-fect Auto Service #26
180 N. Nellis Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Transmission Repair Fraud Comitted By Purrfect Auto Service in Las Vegas

On 08 April 2000, the transmission in my 1994 Plymouth Voyager went out. I had it towed to Purrfect Auto Service #26 at 180 N. Nellis Blvd, Las Vegas NV 89110, where I had my Acura Integra repaired about two weeks before. I was given an estimate by telephone of $1300.00 to repair the blown tranny.

The amount I was charged when I picked the vehicle up the afternoon of 13 April was $1658.26. Fine, that's the way it goes. After all, major auto repairs are costly, so I paid the bill without hesitation. That night, my wife, our ten-week old daughter, and I began a previously planned trip to my wife's parents' home in Azusa CA. At approximately half-past midnight, while travelling through the desert, the van stopped operating on Interstate 15 southbound approximately 37 miles south of Baker CA.

We had the van towed to a repair shop owned by a long-time friend in Pasadena CA, about twelve miles from our destination.

When my friend took the transmission off the van, he found that it was not our repaired tranny, but a used part still bearing the markings of the junk-yard that Purrfect Auto bought it from. Not only did the used tranny blow, but the van's computer was also destroyed because the tranny that they installed was not even correct for our van's model.

My friend called the crooked (and inept, as it turns out) garage and somehow, got them to send him a check for the $1400.00 he needed to install a factory-rebuilt transmission. However, after the van was repaired correctly, he talked to the crooks again to try to get us reimbursed for the towing and the computer, and John, the manager of the rip-off shop, said he was "washing his hands of it".

I'll have to see if the Justice Court of the State of Nevada thinks he got his hands clean or not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purr-fect-Auto-Service-26/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89110/Transmission-Repair-Fraud-Comitted-By-Purrfect-Auto-Service-in-Las-Vegas-2532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purr-fect Auto Service #26