Complaint Review: Putt Putt Auto Sales

• Submitted: Fri, March 18, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, March 19, 2005

• Reported By:Apache Junction Arizona
Putt Putt Auto Sales
Apache Junction, AZ Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Putt Putt Auto Sales ripoff Apache Junction Police said This isnt the first time we have had this issue with that company they do it all the time Mesa Arizona

*Author of original report: There is Justice in this world

Well, the time is now 12:43am and the Repo people just left about an hour ago. Now the kicker of it all is I read the complaints listed on this website after I purchased the vehilce. I figured though that if my payments are made on time then it should be no big deal right?

WRONG! my payment WAS made on time and I have the bank statements to prove it since I paid it online over 5 days ago and it has even gone through on my account.

So naturally I called the Apache Junction Police and there reply was simple and to the point. "This isnt the first time we have had this issue with that company they do it all the time. but with the way the contract is written we can not do anything."

So my question is this if it is legal for them to repo my vehicle even though I made my payment on time. How is it not theft and whats to stop them from making a living out of taking peoples down payment and then taking the vehicle whenever the mood hits them?

I have never in my life been so caught off gaurd by such actions and total lack of regard for normal moral decency. I fully plan to pursue this issue further with my attorney, as well as the fact that I am also run the place the vehicle was taken from and some dmamage was done to the property which IS 100% there responsibility.

Apache Junction, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2005 12:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Putt-Putt-Auto-Sales/Mesa-Arizona/Putt-Putt-Auto-Sales-ripoff-Apache-Junction-Police-said-This-isnt-the-first-time-we-have-h-135479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Putt Putt Auto Sales

There is Justice in this world

AUTHOR: Garrett - (U.S.A.)

Well, thanks to a police Sgt with the Apache Junction Police Dept, and City Counselman Severs. Not only was putt putt put in its place but they knocked off over $5000.00 on the total purchase price. This meant we bought our 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 for only $500.00. However this was not an easy task. Here is how it was done:

1. They offered to waive all repo fee's so long as we signed a paper saying the repo was legit. (We didnt sign)

2. They offered to reduce the total amount due to $1500.00, but we had to sign. (We didnt sign)

3. A case was filed with the State Attorney Generals office. (this really got them going)

4. The Police proved that Putt Putt Doesnt hold all the cards.

Now its a long story but I can say if you have problems with them contact AJPD Sgt. B. Jackson. The man is beyond awesome and is great to work with. I would encourage you to contact him so that hopefully theres enough for possible criminal action.

The man at Putt Putt who "handled" all this was named "John" "The Night manager" he seemed to be able to make all the decision an owner would. just remember to stand your ground with him and DO NOT LET HIM PRESSURE YOU. Now they have a Corporate # but understand it is BS they dont even know where there main office is located, or the name of the company that owns them.

Now if you manage to get these people caught in a bad position they will do EVERYTHING to get you to sign something that will release them from any wrong doing. Remember you just like us messed up when you signed the contract, dont sign ANYTHING more. Trust me if you keep raising a fuss and let them know your not going to be intimidated by some shady company they will start backing down maybe slowly but they will. They are like bully's they will keep picking on you until you stand up for yourself, then suddenly you will find them rocking back and fourth on the floor in their own fecisise.

1. Sign nothing!

2. Take the mind set you have lost what you have paid

3. Stand your ground.

4. Keep on them

5. Make them do what they say i.e. get it all in writing even if you dont think your going to take the offer.

6. Mention this website!!!! They do know of it and what its about...

7. They will threaten you with court, and that you will lose everything. Tell them you dont care, it REALLY take the wind out of there sails.

8. Decide What you want from them, and make it very clear what you want and stick to it.

9. Document EVERYTHING, names, times, dates, etc... the police will ask for it!

10. If they repoed your car and you have personal stuff in it, THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO RELEASE IT, without the keys. They cannot hold your stuff ransome for the vehicle keys. They will tell you they can but it is theft on there part. If your vehicle is locked your stuff is somewhat safer because they cant get to it without damaging the vehicle.

11. If you get the vehicle back completely inspect it for damages and log it and take a poloroid camera for pictures or video. If there is damage DO NOT ACCEPT IT without a written promise to repair.

Now these are not a sure way to beat them but it means your playing by the rules and will help your case in the long run. Remember the key is sign nothing and do nothing without it being in writting and stand your ground settle for nothing less than what you want.