Complaint Review: Puttin On The Tips - KELLY ROGERS

• Submitted: Thu, April 24, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 07, 2010

• Reported By:OCALA Florida
Puttin On The Tips - KELLY ROGERS
234 SW 10TH ST. Ocala, Florida U.S.A.

Puttin On The Tips - KELLY ROGERS - OWNER Tution Ripoff!! Ocala Florida

*Consumer Comment: Nothing to say but postive things

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: OWNER RESPONSE- "Understand Frustration"

*Consumer Comment: Understand Frustration

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: From the Owner

(TUTION RIPOFF)PEOPLE BEWARE OF(Puttin On The Tips-Nail Salon In Ocala FL.)

My daughter was attending Puttin on the Tips nail salon in ocala fl. She had almost completed her hours she needed to recieve her certificate, when she realized after two months she'd been there,she was'nt getting the credit's she was supose to get to complete the course. She also found out she had not recieved any credits since she had started her course. She later found out, that new students started after her were recieving their credits. For what ever reasons the teacher developed an atitude. My daughter said she was doing everything she was supose to. The clients my daughter had,gve her great reviews for their services they recieved. Another problem accured while my daughter was there, A student called the owner( Kelly Rogers ) that she was having trouble getting her licence,the state said she needed more credits before they could issuse her licence. Kelly Rogers, told her they're never had this problem before, but why would the student call her if there wasn't a problem.She also was not doing her job as an instructor,she was not paying attenion to her students, She was on the phone with her sister or doing something else, other than helping her students.Sounds like all she is doing is taking hard earned money from the students !!!Everdently, the student's are not recieving all the credits they need, to recieve their certificate to get their licence. My daughter had paid all of her tution except a small portion,she said, if the teacher is not going to give my credits,then i'am just wasting my time & money.So i would like to let people know beware of (PUTTIN ON THE TIPS NAIL SALON IN OCALA FL.) if you want to be a nail tech, do not go to this school for your certifiate, I myself had whent to this salon for service,i had a bad experience,onr of the nail tech was very nasty to me,so i never whent back again,So now my daughter is out of all the money she had paid in,and her certifcate !!!!.This is not a place to go for service or school.

OCALA, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2008 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Puttin-On-The-Tips-KELLY-ROGERS/Ocala-Florida-34474/Puttin-On-The-Tips-KELLY-ROGERS-OWNER-Tution-Ripoff-Ocala-Florida-328576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Puttin On The Tips - KELLY ROGERS

Nothing to say but postive things

AUTHOR: AS - (United States of America)

I was very shocked to see the negative reviews I saw on this website.
Having received 2 licenses from Puttin' On The Tips, I had only the most
positive experience both times. I attended school there for nails and
skin care and both instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful at
all times. Anytime I needed help from either instructor, I received it
immediately and Pam even went out of her way to help me master acrylics
by showing me examples and allowing me to observe her work with the
public which also was a great way to learn the professional way to
interact with my future clients. Once I finished all required hours and
services, I received my licensing paperwork (the same day) and received
instructions with it, so I was able to fill it out and mail it in with
no problems. I feel Puttin' On The Tips prepared me to become a
successful nail tech and esthetician and am thankful I attended this

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

OWNER RESPONSE- "Understand Frustration"

AUTHOR: Kelly Rogers - (United States of America)

I very much appreciate the feedback from our students, both positive and negative.  It truly does help us to make improvements where necessary, as no school can be perfect all of the time.  However, I do regret that you have chosen this venue to share your opinion, rather than coming to me while you were enrolled at our school.  If you had, we would have addressed the situation and given you exactly what you needed at the intensity in which you desired.  What makes our school unique is that we have open enrollment so students can begin any time.  Additionally, we allow students to make their own schedules and work at their own pace.  But, if you are not the kind of student who communicates your needs openly with the instructor, you may find this to be a disadvantage for you.  Because everyone not only begins at different times and are therefore at different places in the program at any given moment, students also learn at different rates and in different ways.  So, though we do everything in our power to meet each and every student where they are educationally, if they do not share their needs with us, we simply cannot do our job in the way that we would like.  Simply put, without that communication, it is impossible to know each and every students individual needs and expectations.  Yes, our instructor does services for the public.  But, this is for the purpose of demonstrating the services to the students and to give them observation time they may not be privy to elsewhere.  Our belief is that students need to see all facets of how clients should be treated, including the initial greeting, service provision/technique, flow of conversation, appointment scheduling/rescheduling, and receipt of payment.  This is crucial to the success of each student.  And, from what you are saying, it does not appear that you would disagree.  However, you felt that you needed more than what you were receiving.  And, had the instructor known that, she would have given you more time and individual attention.  As for the nickname, that was something that was acquired long before I purchased the school five years ago.  And, since that time we have done everything in our power to overcome that long-standing reputation.  We are certainly not perfect and there will probably always be improvements to be made.  But, we continue to strive to be everything we can be for our students.  Thank you for your comments.  I am very happy that you were able to complete your education in such a timely manner and that you are now a successful nail technician.  I wish you the best of success in all that you do!

Understand Frustration

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (Virgin Islands (US))

I can understand the frustration concerning the credit hours.  I attended this school to become a nail technician.  I did all the hours and complete the course in a quick manner for a number of reasons.  I am now licensed in Florida.  I never did have a problem with getting the correct number of hours.  There is a time sheet that is the responsiblity of the student to fill out.  The instructor then signs off on the time sheet.  I made sure each day to announce to the instructor that it was done, and she needed to sign off on it.  As is the practice and rules of the school.  I would for sure make sure that your daughter did this practice each day she attended the school.

I do understand completely however, the lack of actual instructor cooperation in actually instructing.  I do know that this is a fully functioning "salon" and that the instructor too has clients, however the reason they are the instructor is to instruct.  I was fortunate enough to have a mentor outside of the school to help teach me the proper and efficient way to do nails.  The school has the nickname of the Teach Yourself Nail School, and it did not get that name for no reason.  I do understand that sort of attitude displayed by the instructor.  I will say though that all of my interactions with Kelly were professional and great.  She was always delightful to be around.  Anytime anything was needed from her I got it in a timely and professional manner.

It is frustrating when things do not go the way they are planned with attending school for any reason.  I am thankful that I got through the schooling in a short amount of time, and I am thankful that I am now a nail technician.  I enjoy what I do and I probably would not have been able to do it as quickly had I gone to a different school.  There are always going to be problems and there are always going to be things that need to be improved upon.  I hope that for both the sake of future students, and the business that some things get improved.  It is because of things like this, people can evaluate their business practices, and employees attitudes to make the proper changes to help a business.

Hope things work out in the end for all parties involved.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

From the Owner

AUTHOR: Kelly Rogers - (United States of America)

We would love an opportunity to discuss this situation with your daughter.  However, since you have neglected to identify yourself, and your story does not sound even remotely familiar (or like anything that me or my staff would take part in), I am left with only this blind response.  Though I have absolutely no proof of this, it sounds as though your daughter may have decided to drop out of school for her own reasons and did not want to tell you.  Our goal is to see our students through all the way to completion.  Why would we want anything less?  Withholding hours makes absolutely no sense.  What would be our motive for such a thing?  Students receive credit for their hours from the moment they walk in the door until the time they depart each day, even if they only practice and do not complete services during that time.  If your daughter attended our school, she has a time sheet containing those hours, at minimum.  In addition, students receive credit for every correctly completed service.  However, if the instructor felt she did not complete the service correctly (usually only an issue with acrylic nails), she may withhold or give partial credit for that particular set and would continue to work with the student until they had improved enough to complete the service successfully.  But, this happens very rarely and wouldn't happen to the same student more than once.  The only other reason your daughter would not have received her licensure paperwork would be if she had an outstanding balance.  But, if she had completed all services, required hours and paid her balance in full, we would be more than happy to fill out her paperwork, as we do with every other student under the same circumstances.  Even still, if she would like to call us, we will be happy to work with her to complete whatever is outstanding in order to qualify her for state licensure.  I hope you find this helpful!  Again, please feel free to have your daughter call us.  We will be happy to work with her.