Complaint Review: PylePro

• Submitted: Fri, August 24, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 24, 2012

• Reported By: James — Rapid City South Dakota U.S.A.
PylePro
1600 63rd.Street Brooklyn, New York United States of America

PylePro Sound Around "Classic Turntable" had multiple major defects, the company will not fix it like the warranty guarantees. Brooklyn, New York

I'm 16 years old and splurged to buy this record player. First off, the CD player refused to play select CDs, about half of them. Then the digitization of the records (which is hard to use anyway) had a success rate of zero after declining over a few months. Sometimes it worked and other times there would be no file on the flash drive.

I called the company and was told that I could not redeem my warranty because I bought it from an Amazon seller even though the instruction manual claims to have a one year warranty. I found the address in the instruction manual and sent it in. I had to include $30 for return shipping and spent just as much sending it, spending a grand total of $60 to redeem my "warranty." They sent it back with a replaced needle and replaced CD player. And also with only one speaker playing records. It only plays through both speakers if I hold down the corner of the turntable, which is even worse than the problems I had before. [continued below]....
..... Not that those are fixed. It still doesn't digitize everything, and I'm guessing it will get worse. Someone told me that it had a really loose belt and that it isn't worth trying to fix.

I called back, and after getting multiple full answering machines I finally got ahold of someone who told me that they would be gracious enough to pay for the return shipping but not the $30 to mail it to them again. Most companies pay for the return shipping anyway!

ALL YOU ARE PAYING FOR IS THE FANCY WOODEN CASE. EVEN THE BRASS BITS ARE PLASTIC AND THE WHOLE THING IS A FLIMSY "PYLE"-OF-CRAP. PYLE-PRO IS A BAD COMPANY. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 11:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PylePro/Brooklyn-New-York-112/PylePro-Sound-Around-Classic-Turntable-had-multiple-major-defects-the-company-will-not-932342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PylePro