Complaint Review: Pyramid Collection

• Submitted: Sun, July 26, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 17, 2009

• Reported By:North Charleston South Carolina
Pyramid Collection
355 Main St. Whitinsville, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Pyramid Collection grossly overpriced misrepresented Whitinsville Massachusetts

* : Thanx you for the information

I recently ordered the black pirate queen dress to be my wedding dress. When I placed the order, the dress was pictured with a purple bodice and the description stated "shirred and elasticized around the bodice." I read through the entire description and not once did it mention the bodice being sold separately, or even give the option on the page.

I noticed today when I went to the site, that it's been changed. Now it clearly states that it is sold separately and gives you the option on the page. I think it's curious timing if you ask me.

The dress itself is $100!!!!! It would be worth it if it were made of decent materials, but it's a thin see-through layer of cotton...nothing else! The shipping was redicules!!!!!! It cost me $12 to get the dress stuffed into a bag and shoved into my mailbox through the USPS!!!

I spoke to a customer service rep for the site who called me a liar because the site was not changed and the best she could do for me is let me send it back so they can refund my shipping costs.

This site is not to be trusted, they have grossly over priced product and it's represented falsely.

I will be sending the dress back for a full refund of all my shipping costs and the cost of the dress. They should be ashamed of themselves for running a business this way, and I hope in the future you respect your customers, because I feel terribly disrespected.

North Charleston, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2009 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pyramid-Collection/Whitinsville-Massachusetts-01588/Pyramid-Collection-grossly-overpriced-misrepresented-Whitinsville-Massachusetts-473510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pyramid Collection

Thanx you for the information

AUTHOR: Jenny - (USA)

I am writing because I too am in a wedding and I was about to place an order for this dress, I came upon this report when I did a search minutes before I ordered because I was looking to see if any other stores carried the product.  You are correct, there is no mention of the items being seperate and the description of the product mentioning "shirred and elasticized around the bodice." leads one to believe it is included or even one piece.  I called the company and the representative was not rude but was very flat and curt.  She said she had no information on the product other than what i saw pictured.  She then told me if it is in the picture and not noted as seperate then its included.  I thanked her for the information then hung up. I talked to the others in the wedding and decided it would work for us, I called back to order it and just to be sure asked about the boddice again, The representative this time told me it was not included.  I told her that the picture and description is very misleading, to the point where the last representative said it was included.  She assured me that I was mistaken, and that the reps know about the products they sell.  I just said goodbye.  This saved us much money as we were going to order 6 of them in alernating black and white colors. (here is the link)

as you can see and as you stated in your complaint  "I read through the entire description and not once did it mention the bodice being sold separately, or even give the option on the page."  so if they changed it to reflect this, they have already changed it back again to falsely represent their product.

Again thank you