Complaint Review: Q B Construction

• Updated: Fri, July 05, 2013

• Reported By: Vicki — tampa Florida
Q B Construction
704 N. Combee Road, Lakeland, FL 33801 Lakeland, Florida USA

Q B Construction AKA Early Mckinley This company collected over $69,000.00 from me to begin construction of a new residential home for my family.  Lakeland Florida

*General Comment: Common mistake....

QB Construction Inc, located in Lakeland Florida, owned and operated by Early Mckinely.  This company was paid over $69,000.00 to begin the construction of my new residential home. When we began construction, it was discovered that Early Mckinley had taken over $50,000.00 of my money given to him for construction and used it on his own personal use.  I only received some footers that I also received a bill from the subcontractor who performed the work of the footers.  I had to pay that subcontractor out of pocket to keep him from filing a lien on my property.  I don't know what he did with my money.  However, he has denied me and my family the use of my own money.  According to one of his employees he used my money on another project.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Q-B-Construction/Lakeland-Florida-33801/Q-B-Construction-AKA-Early-Mckinley-This-company-collected-over-6900000-from-me-to-beg-1064574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Q B Construction

#1 General Comment

Common mistake....

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

You have made a common mistake. Once you gave the person the money to do the job, he can use the money as he sees fit. Thats the payment on doing the job. This is not money that youre going to get back. If he saves a extra 2 grand he isnt going to turn around and give you a 2 grand refund. THIS IS HIS MONEY. Its also very common especially in a tight economy, for a contractor to use the proceeds from one project towards the completion of another project. If our economy was one that currently supported itself, then your argument would be valid. But since it is not, then contractors have to do what they can. As for a subcontractor hitting you up for payment, thats WRONG!!! He was sub contracted by the company you hired. Its their responsability to pay the sub contractor. There is where you can get money back. The contractor has to reimburse you because it was their responsability to pay the sub contractor FROM THEIR POCKETS!! Go after them for that.

Baker