farmers

QUALITY MAGAZINES
4699 N STATE RD 7 LAUDERDALE LAKES, Florida USA

QUALITY MAGAZINES SCAM ON THE ELDERLY LAUDERDALE LAKES Florida

COMPLAINT TO Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

A man called my residence and said that I had won a sweepstakes and I told him that I was not interested. He persisted and I told him no again for a total of 3 times. I finally hung up on him. Since I do buy online I check my bank account regularly. I knew on this date I only had $60.00 for the remainder of the month as I am on elderly, may need meds and currently on chemo. I checked my account on June 24th and saw a debit for $129.30 with an overdraft fee of $25.00. I immediately called the bank and the number on the bank account print out. I was denied a refund and I was denied a supervisor. After much discussion and my plea to return my money, I desperately needed and they had no permission to take they agreed to return only 40% or $51.30. My daughter called this morning and reached a woman named Patricia and was denied the name and other information about the company. She was told that since I had accepted their 40%  offer I was not allowed any further refund. My daughter told her that she was filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office in Florida and Oklahoma and was finally given just the company name and then hung up by this Patricia. We have now found other identical complaints as well as a statement from a former employee of this scam on the elderly.

They said I used a credit card but that is totally false.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QUALITY-MAGAZINES/LAUDERDALE-LAKES-Florida-33319/QUALITY-MAGAZINES-SCAM-ON-THE-ELDERLY-LAUDERDALE-LAKES-Florida-1062241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QUALITY MAGAZINES