Complaint Review: QUIBIDS.COM

• Updated: Tue, November 20, 2012

• Reported By: David — Bolivia North Carolina United States of America
QUIBIDS.COM
4 NE 10th St. Suite 242, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

QUIBIDS.COM Fraudulently running biddings on items that no one wins. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: You Choose It Auctions

QuiBids is an auction site that is totally ripping off consumers that bid on the items they have .  OK Here's the way they work.  I bid on an item, against other consumers, they may be bidding on similarly priced items, but not the item I am bidding on.  Well the bids all run together.  And there are 6 different items.  So 5 of the items aren't going to be won.

So if you were bidding on a basketball and I was bidding on a similarly priced football, our bids would be competing against one another if they are in the same group of "YOU CHOOSE" Not to mention the other 4 similarly priced items! They may have it on their site now where this is explained, but when I contacted my bank and my lawyer, there was no explanation of this at all on their web site.  This is complete FRAUD!  I thought I was bidding against people bidding on the SAME item I was bidding on, but if it has the black side arrows on the icon, you are bidding against any one bidding on the other, similarly priced, 5 items listed by each click of the arrow!

No where on their website did they explain this.  Anyone with common since, would not think they were bidding against other people that were bidding on a different item, as their manager Eric said to me.  Call Eric and ask him how it works!  He is very arrogant and totally wrong with his explanation.  (405) 253-2038  ext. 119  I'll be posting a video on youtube soon....search for QuiBids101

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QUIBIDSCOM/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73104/QUIBIDSCOM-Fraudulently-running-biddings-on-items-that-no-one-wins-Oklahoma-City-Oklah-949658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QUIBIDS.COM

You Choose It Auctions

AUTHOR: J4me10 - (USA)

We are sorry for the confusion, but simply put, You Choose It auctions are not going to cost anyone more bids, or make it harder to win. Since Quibids launched, something we have done is limit who can see what auctions, and when they can see them. This is done so that everyone on the site is not bidding on the same auction at the same time, we do that so that the customer can have a better experience. What that does is it keeps the price of the auction from going to high.

Quibids does the same thing with the new You Choose It auctions. That being said, we still limit who can see what auctions, and when they can see them. This eliminates the issue that you bring up, that we are driving up the prices on auctions. The You Choose It auctions have been put into place so that you the customer, can have more items to choose from if you win the auction, or if you decide to exercise the Buy Now option.

I hope this has helped clarify the issue, and answered any questions that may have been raised from the above statement. Lastly, we have the utmost respect for our customer support employees, and I can assure you that the above mentioned Erik is not arrogant, and is one of our best customer support managers.

Sincerely,