Complaint Review: QUICKEN LOANS

• Updated: Mon, October 11, 2010

• Reported By: Malvin — Miami Florida USA
QUICKEN LOANS
20555 Victor Park , MI Internet United States of America

QUICKEN LOANS - Ryan Murphy - Alex Ramon Gueverra Deceitful practices beware Internet

*Consumer Comment: Yes Things Have Changed...

*Consumer Comment: The White House

I read up on Quicken Loans on how fast and the little things they needed to close the loan. I spoke to Ryan Murphy he was the person I was dealing with. I asked him detailed questions about my loan going up and how much would it go up, I wasn't really impressed with the amount, I asked if it would go up he said yes it's rising. Me being a idiot I believed him it of course did the opposite from 5.3 to 4.75. I've done a Streamline before and never have I had so many questions asked. Ryan Murphy asked for a bank statement showing that I had the funds for closing.  I asked him exactly what did they need it for he said only for that purpose. I told him this is not the bank account with my direct deposit he said no problem. They get my bank statement and ask questions about every deposit that was on that statement like its not my hard earned money. I had to go through and show paperwork from my condo association chase statement and I sent them that and it still wasn't enough. I had to go back and do it a second time circling it for the incompetent underwriters. They sent me a email telling me to give this information urgently so I already felt I shouldn't have to provide these stuff because I gave them all the documents that I gave a regular company and got my streamline financing with no problems. I got written up from job for using company property to do person business then I was really ready to stop the loan. I told the underwriters that a clear picture was not coming up so I sent a picture of me and my girlfriend from the first time we got a loan. These jerks then ask us to explain why are the addresses different and then ask for a letter for that also. Let me tell you people NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give money up front to quicken loans or any other company for a mortgage.

I gave them 400 dollars when we first started out, they ask for these 400 dollars so they can own you and ask you for anything because I wanted to cancel the loan from the beginning because nothing was what they said it would be. If you look at the other complaints on this website other people have had the same problems with these scam artist. When I first called Ryan Murphy I asked him how much is my loan going to go up he said nothing what you loan is now is will it will be when you close. I got the papework and it went from 171 to 179 in the good faith estimate. I then emailed Ryan and told him if it is not 171 I want the signature to be invalid he said no those numbers aren't right. He callled me and said no you're loan is not going to go up, I told him I'm trusting you, and that was the worst thing I could ever do. I wasn't thinking clearly because how can a business ask you to sign paper work and take a 400 dollar deposit if the numbers aren't even correct? After I got written up I felt a nuff was enuff the numbers weren't what he said they were and I feel what they're asking for is unreasonable and unjustly. Money coming into my account is a problem?????? It also didn't help a week later the interest rate dropped from 5.3 to 4.75 I definetly has sucker on my face. To make matters worse they brung a new guy into the picture to tell me the truth after I signed the paperwork for my 400 dollars. Ramon Gueverra told me everything straight up what it really was and when I asked to cancel, Ramon Gueverra said as long as you didn't get an appraisal it shouldn't be a problem. Ryan Murphy gets on the phone and says if you stop the loan you lose your 400 dollars so like I said never trust Ryan Murphy, the things that they note on their website is no good there's a reason why they ask for money upfront. They may say to lock interest rates etc, etc.. but no other streamline company is doing it these guys are con artist and as soon as a class action law suit comes on jumping on that bus. I then call Alex, Ryan supervisor and we talk about the whole situation and of course he backs up his team member, he says Ryan does a million loans he would never say that. Then Ryan says something very interesting the conversations are recorded I said perfect so if you mislead me will I receive my money. Alex says no, the reason for the deposit is in good faith. I said but that's unethical he doesn't say anything. I told Ryan there's a reason why when I email you stop the loan if the numbers aren't what you say they are stop the loan and you call instead of responding. Quicken Loans are some snakes they give you false numbers and less than 24 hrs to give the paper work in. On top of that they get you debit card number before they give you the paperwork.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2010 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QUICKEN-LOANS/internet/QUICKEN-LOANS-Ryan-Murphy-Alex-Ramon-Gueverra-Deceitful-practices-beware-Internet-593907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QUICKEN LOANS

Yes Things Have Changed...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

The White House is aware of this problem since it is systemic. Please consider writing a report and sending it to this government agency:

The White House

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

With the new laws in place you may wish to communicate your concern and experience to the White House. This type of practice will be of interest in the coming months with the new regulatory agency that will be soon formed. I would narrow down the complaint to as few words as possible so it will get through the system.