Complaint Review: QVC

• Submitted: Sun, August 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, October 02, 2009

• Reported By:Redford Michigan
QVC
www.qvc.com Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

QVC No Purchases Allowed Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*General Comment: Seriously?

*General Comment: QVC is protecting itself

*General Comment: QVC is vindictive

*Consumer Comment: Look At It This Way

*Consumer Comment: Serioiusly...

I had a QVC credit card for a few years and used it quite often.

Two years ago I filed bankruptcy for total dissolution of all my debts including my QVC credit card because I lost my job. They were notified by Federal Court in writing prior to court date in case they wanted to dispute. They did not answer.

Here it is two years after my bankruptcy file was closed and QVC will not allow me to order anything from them. In fact they have removed my personal information file. I tried to set up another but they keep denying me. They say I have to contact customer service which I have, and am told it is because of the bankruptcy.

I obviously no longer have their credit card but I want to use my Visa check card (as I had before) but they still will not allow me to purchase.

Cam
Redford, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2009 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QVC/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania/QVC-No-Purchases-Allowed-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-477896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QVC

#1 General Comment

Seriously?

AUTHOR: rlr386 - ()

You filed bankruptcy and owe them money (yes, the bankruptcy "cleared" the debt for you, but QVC had to eat it) and yet you're upset because they won't let you order other items. Let that sit with you for a little bit. I wouldn't want to do business with you either.

#2 General Comment

QVC is protecting itself

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

I don't blame them for not wanting you back.  Do you think they like losing money?  I had a lot of debts and lost my job but, I got a couple of part time jobs and paid my debts.  I never filed bankruptcy.

I used a debt settlement service to negotiate a settlement on some credit cards and to this day (5 years ago) I still cannot apply for some credit cards.

Vindictive?  I think they are just protecting themselves from future loses.

#3 General Comment

QVC is vindictive

AUTHOR: Auroragreen - (U.S.A.)

You're lucky so far they've only found you once to delete you.  If you have a husband, he's not welcome.  If you have children living in the same town, they are not welcome either.  Doesn't matter if you want to be a cash customer, they don't want you as a customer.

Look At It This Way

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

They're probably doing you a favor. Two years out of bankruptcy and you're falling back into the same behavior that got you there in the first place. You have an addiction.

Serioiusly...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"So don't ever file a bankruptcy that will include them if you like shopping there."
- This statement is wrong on so many levels, you can't be serious.

YOU file Bankruptcy and just walk away from your debt with them. Then a couple of years later you are upset that they won't let you shop there anymore?????

Here are some things to remember. Bankruptcy is a process of LAST RESORT but in some cases it is needed and can help quite a bit. ALL creditors are notified in advance and in 99.9% of the cases NO creditor trys to challenge the Bankruptcy.

When your debts are discharged they can no longer legally force you to pay the debt back. However, they are also under no legal obligation to allow you to be their customer. After all for what ever reason you "stuck" them with bad debt. In fact there are several companies that would do this. There are also other companies that say you can "come back" but you need to pay your bad debt first. Again they can't force you to pay it back, but if you pay it back on your own there is nothing wrong with that.

Also, if you can get out of your debts without filing bankruptcy in the long run you will generally be better off. But if you must file bankruptcy, intentionally not including a company is the worst thing you can do.

Harvard