Complaint Review: QVC

• Reported By:Portsmouth VA
QVC
, Virginia U.S.A.

QVC's Good Service Policy Ripped Off *Consumer Suggestion

*0: Explain the situation to them and provide proof to back you up.

In early July I used a lower credit card interest rate to pay off 1,000. to QVC. I also sent a personal check of 150.00. They had just changed to Household Bank and in August said I was past due in payments, but that they were sure the changeover was responsible for the delay when I explained to them what I had done.

I talked with Household Finance and they said they hadn't received the payments and would report me as having bad credit with them. American Express investigated and said it had been settled, as their check had been cashed on July 6. My personal check had also been cashed on July 6.

Not wanting bad credit, I mailed QVC an additional 400., 100.00, 100.00. Still making payments to them which have now totaled about 800.00. Also paid American Express 400.00 up front(since I don't like big bills to start with). This has totally defeated my well thought out plan to save interest rates. Not only have I overpaid terribly, I am paying QVC's monthly interest rate which equals about 19.00 per month.

I could have put that in a CD and been earning money. I have tried to contact them, to no avail. I have sent them copies of the cleared cashed checks. I have written letters. I am at my wit's end. Never in my life been treated like this, or dealt with any professional organization like this.

I can not afford the extravagance of having 1150.00 just floating around in space somewhere. What can I do to make these people take care of their own mistakes??????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QVC/Virginia/QVCs-Good-Service-Policy-Ripped-Off-Consumer-Suggestion-7057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QVC

#1 0

Explain the situation to them and provide proof to back you up.

AUTHOR: - ()

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: pelemissk@hotmail.com
Their name: Pele

Their relationship to the company: Consumer Suggestion

Rebuttal:
Go to QVC's website and look for a link called 'Investor Relations' or something similar. That link will lead you to the names and contact info of the company's higher ups (VP, CEO, etc). Contact them, make sure you have ALL documentation of your phone calls, your canceled checks, etc.

Explain the situation to them and provide proof to back you up. You should get everything taken care of fairly soon. Make you sure you remain professional and polite and state only facts, leave your emotions out of it.

Of course if QVC's credit lines are outsourced through a bank then you'll want to do the above only at the banks' site with its employees.

Hope this helps, keep us updated!
Pele