Complaint Review: QVC

• Submitted: Sun, September 19, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, October 28, 2010

• Reported By: C — Dallas Texas U.S.A.
QVC

QVC I purchased a computer... Internet

*Consumer Comment: Envelopes in Open Office

*Consumer Comment: Open Office is the name, free downloadit (Google it)

*Author of original report: Update 10.25.10

*Author of original report: QVC Resolved the issue.

*Consumer Comment: An option

*General Comment: Which laptop did you get?

I purchased a Dell laptop from QVC.  It appeared that the Microsoft Office software was not what I thought I had ordered.  I called QVC and insisted on a supervisor.  He insisted that I had what I thought I was supposed to have when I ordered it.  That was at the time I received it.  Today (approximately 60 days later) I went to work on a file and it would not open because I only received a "trial period" for my MS office suite software.

Never once did that supervisor tell me that in approximately 60 days you are going to need to spend another $500 to purchase that software.  I am very disappointed because I do not feel they provided full disclosure on what came with the product order.  They need to be more upfront about what you will need to purchase later in order to use your computer.  I realize software is expensive but I was truly under the impression that this particular software came with my computer purchase.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2010 10:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QVC/internet/QVC-I-purchased-a-computer-Internet-642299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QVC

Envelopes in Open Office

AUTHOR: skeptic - (USA)

Open Office works great in Windows7. and also opens Word documents. To print envelopes click on "Insert" and in the dropdown select "Envelopes" and a window will open where you can choose printer, envelope size and all other information. To print your envelope, Click on "New Doc." and a preview of your printed envelope will appear. Now select "File" and print. Slightly different to Word but works just fine.

Open Office is the name, free downloadit (Google it)

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Perfectly good office only thing I can't figure out is addressing envelopes.

I'm sure there's a way but my HP printer won't cooperate.(Some trick I haven't figured out yet)

Update 10.25.10

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

I thought this situation was resolved.  Unfortunately, it isn't.  After I fussed a second time they sent me software that turned out to be corrupt and now I cannot get a supervisor to call me back.  I sent this software back to them with their word that I would receive replacement software if I did so.  I have not received anything and they don't like my attitude when I call.  Based upon this experience and how their people treat me I am guessing they don't need customers.

QVC Resolved the issue.

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

QVC contacted me and we have resolved this issue to my satisfaction.

An option

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

You may want to take a look at (((Redacted)))  It's a free Open Source program that doesn't everything MS Offic3e does and it's free.

My school district switched to it and everyone is happy with it.  We save almost $20,000.00 per year in licensing fees.

It's at (((Redacted)))

#6 General Comment

Which laptop did you get?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

I looked at a few Dell laptops on the QVC website and I didn't see any that included a full version of Microsoft Office. Can you provide your laptop model number?

PCs generally include a full version of Microsoft Works and a trial version of Microsoft Office whether you buy from QVC or Best Buy or WalMart or Costco or wherever. Is it possible that you confused Works with Office? I only ask because Works is listed on the QVC web pages for Dell laptops.

You don't need to spend $500 on Office. You can get the Home version for around $120. That version works fine for most people.