Complaint Review: QWEST

• Updated: Mon, October 11, 2010

• Reported By: Greg — Waskom Texas United States of America
QWEST
1801 California Street Denver, Colorado United States of America

QWEST QWEST.COM Without notice stopped paying my long distance, Refuse to fix the problem but still taking money from my account Never late, auto draft from bank for years, Main Office Denver, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Wrong department?

I have been with Qwest for years for unlimited long distance service, Set up auto draft from my bank. Called to notify change of phone number June 02,2010. Told them to keep same service just change the number. I was told that that was no problem all was taken care of. Well not the case, I got a bill for my long distance. I called QWEST to inquire about this, and was told whoever I talked to didnt do what they were supposed to do so I was basically paying them for NO service, and was told they would listen to the voice recordings to comfirm what was said..NOW remember QWEST is still drafting funds from my bank account, Well NOW QWEST has placed my account inactive and STILL drafting money from my account. I have Filed Fraud with the Federal Trade Commission and presented copies of BANK STATEMENTS. I have had NO help whatsoever from QWEST or their so called CEO'S.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2010 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QWEST/Denver-Colorado-80202/QWEST-QWESTCOM-Without-notice-stopped-paying-my-long-distance-Refuse-to-fix-the-problem-649452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QWEST

Wrong department?

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

The main Qwest phone number is 1-800-266-1111. If that's what you called, no rep can help you in the department.

You would need to call 1-800-860-2255. Secondly, Have you tried to make a long distance call...and does it go through? If so, you still have service. I just didn't understand if your service wasn't working from this post.

A change of phone number may of changed the account number. I don't work for "out-of-region" services as that's the department you need to call, but I know it does change account number when you change the phone number with Qwest "in-region"

If your account number changed, your old account number will appear in the system as inactive, since there is now another account number that is active. A change of phone number with Qwest "in-region" also takes you off paperless billing, and it may work the same in "out-of-region" services. If that's the case, you would just need to reset paperless billing to get it online.

I figured you meant to say you were getting paperless billing also, since you called them when you got a bill.

The FTC doesn't handle any Qwest related affairs, only the local PUC's as Qwest is labeled as a utility company. The FTC may forward your information onto them however.