Complaint Review: QWEST

• Submitted: Tue, September 13, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, September 28, 2011

• Reported By: Dave — Williams Arizona U.S.A.
QWEST

QWEST Thieves, liars, contarct breakers, criminals Internet

*Author of original report: update

*Consumer Comment: While I don't know about all your issues with Qwest (now Century Link)

*UPDATE Employee: CenturyLinkHelp

Well, here it is almost a year I have been fighting with QWEST for charging me for internet service I could not use due to technical problems with the line (and their system as per a response from their own support team).

First, they claimed there was never any "notes" pertaining to my sevice request and that was why they never dispatched a service person for repair.  This went on for months until, discouraged I called and told them to either fix it or I would cancel.  They opted for the latter and canceled my service.

I filed a case through BBB and the FTC since no lawyer will take a case against QWEST.  I guess entities that big get to do whatever they want and nobody will do a d**n thing about it.  You'd think this was a 3rd world country and not the great USA.

Anyway, FTC has never even responded.

BBB did follow up, but after every baby step trying to resolve it, QWEST has had a different excuse.  Main excuse was I never did make a service call for help.  So I supplied BBB and QWEST with a STACK of commincation copies between myself and the support department.

Now, they all of a sudden have a record that I was called by them and refused the very service I begged for more than a dozen times.  Outright LIE!!!!!!  I have countless copies of communications between myself and their "support" staff where I alsed over and over to have somebody come out and fix their equipment/line so I could actually use the service I had been paying for.

I cannot belive a company can rip somebody off and nobody will do a d**n thing about it!!!!  What the h**l is this country becoming?!?!?!?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2011 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QWEST/internet/QWEST-Thieves-liars-contarct-breakers-criminals-Internet-776332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QWEST

update

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Well, I have been in contact with the new entity that owns Qwest operations.  Apparently they are of the same mindset that Qwest has.  Also using the same tactics or believe the case history information (that magically appeared to support the most recent argument that Qwest had in which I was satisfied with the resolution and therefore there is no real case).  See, I'm even giving them the benefit of the doubt and the chance to redeem themselves.

Either way, this ripoff report is still very much valid and I will NOT change my accusation of Qwest being liars, thieves and criminals.  By definition, liars aone ones who lie, theives are ones who take somehting that does not rightfully belong to them, and criminals are ones who break the law.  All of which certainly apply to a company that lies to defend themsleves and charge for a service they do not provide.

It all keeps coming back to the fact that I was having an issue with my service.  I was required to pay money out of pocket to upgrade my equipment to somehting they "support" and I was strung along for MONTHS being told there is no information in their notes that supported me having an issue.

They denied anything being in the history of me having an issue and this was their stand for 4-5 months.  Denying I ever repeatedly called for the same issue.  Well, after I provided the proof they requested all of a sudden they have all kinds of case history showing my issue was resolved to my satisfaction.  Wow, how handy.

And even IF that were the case, why in the world was I calling back with the same problem over and over?  Resolving an issue BY DEFINITION does not end in repeated service calls with the same issue.

My suggestion?  Stop standing behind bad business ethics and hideous customer service, trying to coverit up.  Be honest.  Make good and reddem yourself.

It shoud be obvious to everyone that 376 ripoff reports filed against Qwest should show there is an issue.

While I don't know about all your issues with Qwest (now Century Link)

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

" FTC has never even responded."

You need to know the FTC doesn't respond to individual complaints.

"...no lawyer will take a case against QWEST."

How did you determine this?  How many attorneys did you try to retain?....none, one?  Thought so.
Again, B.S.

I hope you resolve your issues, but your wild exaggerations don't help your case.

Who are you using as an ISP to file your Ripoff Report?

CenturyLinkHelp

AUTHOR: TalkToQwest - (USA)

Hi Dave,

The CenturyLinkHelp Team is here to assist you and to make corrections.  Please send me your information either by secure Facebook link here: http://on.fb.me/pDFnvq or you can email directly at TalkToUs@Centurylink.com ATTN: RIP OFF REPORT

Looking forward to helping you.

Rich @CenturylinkHelp