Complaint Review: QiTel Communications LLC

• Submitted: Mon, February 24, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, February 24, 2003

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
QiTel Communications LLC
3100 Independence Pkwy Suite 311-415 Plano Texas 75075 Plano, Texas U.S.A.

QiTel Communications LLC

Called my home in North Carolina on 2/06/03 and spoke to my underage daughter stating she had won a cell phone. She accepted the phone, but did not know they were going to bill my home number a monthly voicemail charge. They called my home phone at another time at that point I did tell them she was underage and could not accept the phone.

I received a mailing stating she (my daughter) had a voice mailbox and the access number. I called this company at which point the exchange was particularly distasteful, the customer service manager Kelly Hill continued to hang up on me because I was requesting that they remove this from my bill because I did not authorize it.

They also stated I would be billed and there was nothing I could do to stop this. The fee is 54.90 this is for setup and monthly fees. Ms Hill also stated my daugher authorized this and I explained to her that my daughter could not legally authorize anything being that she is underage.

She (Ms. Hill) stated my daughter committed fraud and that is when the exchange got extremely distastful and she hung up and each time I called she continued to hang up the phone. I even asked to speak with a supervisor and she said she was the supervisor and hung up the phone.

Frances
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2003 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QiTel-Communications-LLC/Plano-Texas-75075/QiTel-Communications-LLC-46697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QiTel Communications LLC