Complaint Review: QiTel Communications, LLC

• Submitted: Fri, May 02, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 02, 2003

• Reported By:Wellsville Ohio
QiTel Communications, LLC
3100 Independence Pkwy Ste 311-415 Plano, Texas U.S.A.

QiTel Communications, LLC ripoff ripoff - They put unauthorized charges on my phone bill. Plano Texas

I just received my phone bill yesterday and there was a charge of $61.12 from Qitel. I had never heard of them so I called to see what it was. They told me it was an 800 number service. I told them that I've never authorized this and they told me that someone else did. They told me the name and it was no one I had heard of. I live alone, so there is no way that anyone else could have authorized these charges.

I contacted them three times, the billing company OAN twice and SBC twice. No one could help me. I sent payment to SBC subtracting out the $60.12 and attached a letter explaining why. SBC told me that as long as I did not pay that amount, then Qitel would just not get there money. I did some searching and found the home telephone number of the Manager of Qitel, James Scanlon (should be Scandal). I have been calling to see how he would like to see unauthorized charges on his bill, but I keep getting the answering machine. He must screen his calls from scam artists like himself. I made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and will not stop until this is resolved!

Cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2003 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QiTel-Communications-LLC/Plano-Texas-75075/QiTel-Communications-LLC-ripoff-ripoff-They-put-unauthorized-charges-on-my-phone-bill-55411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QiTel Communications, LLC