Complaint Review: Qitel

• Submitted: Fri, September 19, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, September 19, 2003

• Reported By:Everett Washington
Qitel
www.oanweb.com Plano, Texas U.S.A.

Qitel ripoff READ THIS 1ST IF YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED OF FOR PAGERS! Plano Texas

I received a call from a sales rep that said I won a new pager. I was supposed to receive the pager with in 2 weeks along with some other coupons.

Naturally, I eventually I forgot about the fact that I never received the pager and other discounts and figured I would never be billed since I never got anything.

Then I received a billing hidden in my regular phone bill. I called 800-361-4516 and spoke with Roy. I told him I didn't know what the service was and told him I never used the service. He immediatley hung up on me.

I called back and was on hold for 9 minutes. When the phone was answered, I spoke with Roy and asked for his supervisor, he claimed he was the supe so I asked for the Manager he said he was that as well so I asked for the corporate office and he said he had permission to speak to me for them. I told him I never used the service nor did I receive any pagers or anything else. He got the recording of me accepting the pagers except the recording skipped over the part of what I would receive and that they would stop billing my anytime I requested. I told him that they altered the tape. He said he would credit me for 2 months worth and hung up on me again!

I called 800-892-8424 and spoke with Yvonne- she works for OAN which is the billing service and customer service call center for Qitel. At first she said she was unable to help me and then I told her about how I was hung up on and how I did not agree to be charged for services I didn't use and did not receive any pagers etc.

I then told her about this site and that I know that Qitel is fraud and that I would do whatever I had to do to get my money back and I would involve OAN if I had to. She promptly placed me on hold and then came back to the phone and advised she would be crediting me $114.68 for all the service they had billed me for. She was very accomodating and I should have the credit within 30 days. I will check back to the site if I don't receive credit.

Call this number and tell them what I told them and see if it helps in getting back your money! GOOD LUCK!

Ebone'
Everett, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2003 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Qitel/Plano-Texas/Qitel-ripoff-READ-THIS-1ST-IF-YOU-HAVE-BEEN-RIPPED-OF-FOR-PAGERS-Plano-Texas-67248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Qitel