Complaint Review: Quads Bay

• Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By: Julia — Lehi Utah United States of America
Quads Bay
393 Enterprise St San Marcos, California United States of America

Quads Bay Quads Bay contracted me for freelance work to list their products on EBay.com, but ended up being a scam San Marcos, California

I was contacted by a Margaret Miller of Quads Bay to list their products (they sell ATV's) on ebay.com with my username because she said they had already used their allotted monthly amount and it would take time to increase their amount. She had me list one item to see how well it did, and then would have me list five products a day for $25 each listing. When the bidding ended, the winner was to give me his contact information, which I was then supposed to forward to their email and they would take care of the rest.

After bidding ended, I did just that, but I got an autoresponder message saying the website was down for maintenance for two days. I tried contacting them again, no response. The bidder had his brother, who lived in San Marcos, go to pick up the ATV, but there was no company by that name there. Luckily, the bidder had suspicions and cancelled the payment before it went through, but their website, or at least the website listed, is up and running, with the pictures of the sales manager, Margaret Miller and Manager, Charles Baker, so whoever is scamming, is using their names. Luckily, I didn't pay anything, and I was out only one listing, but this scam is being circulated on Odesk.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quads-Bay/San-Marcos-California-/Quads-Bay-Quads-Bay-contracted-me-for-freelance-work-to-list-their-products-on-EBaycom-960140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quads Bay