Complaint Review: Quality Auto Centers

• Updated: Tue, October 01, 2013

• Reported By: Frank — North Arlington New Jersey
Quality Auto Centers
338 River Road North Arlington, Select State/Province USA

Quality Auto Centers Allen The Ultimate Rip Off North Arlington NEW JERSEY (NJ)

Took My car to Quality Auto center in North Arlington NJ for a check engine light. I was told that I need a rear coil pack, when asked how much it would cost? I was told $520.00 Plus Labor. Not being a mechanic I agreed to the repair. When the car was ready I was given an invoice for $670.00 which I paid. when I drove away I noticed that the check engine light was still on, so I drove it back to the shop to complain I was told by some schmuck Allen that I needed to Drive the car at leased 50 miles.. I drove the car more than a hundred miles and the check engine light never went off..

I called the schmuck Allen to tell him and he told me that I needed to also replace the front coil pack at a cost of $400.00..I went back to the shop and asked to see the rear coil pack he took out of my car and was told by the schmuck Allen the he had already thrown it out I asked to look ,in his garbage but he said that the garbage men had already taken the garbage out.. I called aparts dealer as well as Auto Zone to find out what a rear coil pack costs and was told by both that the part was about $165.00. That really upset the heck out of me, I demanded my money be refunded and was told to bring the car in and he would install a front coil pack for no cost,

I told him that I no longer trusted his opinionand called another schmuck Keith the supervisor who oversees this chain of bandits and was told that he would be willing to settle the matter by refunding me $300.00 which I responded that that would put me out $370.00 and I would still need to repair my car. I took my car to a recommended mechanic who after diagnosing my car said that I didn't need a a rear or front coil pack andthat I had a compression leak changed the gaskets on the intake manifold fixed my car for $375.00. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO QUALITY AUTO SCHMUCKS....THEY ARE TRAINED TO TAKE YOUR MONEY..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quality-Auto-Centers/North-Arlington-Select-StateProvince-07031/Quality-Auto-Centers-Allen-The-Ultimate-Rip-Off-North-Arlington-NEW-JERSEY-NJ-1088603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quality Auto Centers