Complaint Review: Quality Auto Parts Chicago

• Updated: Mon, December 23, 2013

• Reported By: helloscott — New York New York
Quality Auto Parts Chicago
Chicago, Illinois USA

Quality Auto Parts Chicago Bait and switch with high restocking fee Chicago Illinois

I searhed on the internet for a hard to find part for an old porsche- The speedometer/tachometer/Instrument cluster. I filled out an online form and was contacted by a friendly sales person who told me he had found my part (first lie) I asked specific questions about the condition of the part and was reassured that they only deal with "A grade" parts. I paid via credit card. 2 days later I recieved a call from a person at a Long Island NY salvage yard asking me what was wrong with the part I was replacing. I found this odd, but answered him, and re-confirmed the specifications I needed for the part. The part arrived with the following problems:

1. A big scratch on clear plastic in front of the speedometer

2. Missing bulb in the rear of the unit ($22 to replace from the dealer)

3. Missing ribbon connector clip ($25 to relplace)

4. Odometer read 99000 miles instead of 54000 miles as promised

5. damage to the circuit board

I called and spoke to customer service, and was told "It's no big deal, replace the bulb and install it" I explained that it would cost me $400 to install and that I wanted to return the item and have them send me another one. They refused, saying I would not be happy with any part they sent. The tone of the call quickly became rude and dismissive, and the woman actually told me the men in the warehouse would laugh at her if she told them I wanted to return an item for a scratch (ignoring the other issues all together.) After an extensive, tedious, frustrating back and forth, I was offered the option to return the item for refund, minus shipping and 25% restocing fee- which is over $100. Based on my experience, I would say this operation is a scam, and would advise anyone to stay away. They will tell you whatever you want to hear until they have your payment, then you are screwed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2013 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quality-Auto-Parts-Chicago/Chicago-Illinois/Quality-Auto-Parts-Chicago-Bait-and-switch-with-high-restocking-fee-Chicago-Illinois-1109370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quality Auto Parts Chicago