dried

• Submitted: Tue, June 15, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, June 15, 2004

• Reported By:CA California
Quality Paperback Book Club - DOUBLEDAY
www.qpb.com and www.doubledaybookclubs.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Quality Paperback Book Club affiliated With DOUBLEDAY Ripoff I got billed from QPB when I never joined the club/order book Internet

Wow I'm glad I found this site and to notice that I'm not the only one who wrote in this forum regarding QPB/doubleday - I want others out there to understand that this company really has a serious problematic system and it needs to be fixed. This is an email I sent to QPB after receiving a nonsense bill for the second time:

I've received yet another statement from Quality Paperback Book Club that I am not responsible for. I have never enrolled for services or placed an order from QPB! Same thing happened to me few months ago from QPB, I've received a strange statement and I called to resolve the issue, and the bill charge was dropped.

I am very upset and annoyed that this is happening all over again. I don't know how your system works, whatever it is you better change it to make sure people don't have to stress over such incredible nuisance that deals with personal security issue. I have no idea how you got my name and address, and who used such information to get what they want, overall I feel violated as hell. Now I have a letter from Allied Interstate with the headline "...your account is seriously delinquent" I've tried calling the number given (800)597-1701 / AND (516)561-6497 to talk to an agent but all I've got was an answering machine which wanted my phone number - yea right.

Please let me know as soon as possible what the hell is going on.Oh and in case you are wondering, I'VE NEVER RECEIVED ANY MERCHANDISE AT MY ADDRESS!!!

Client Ref. No: ######07
Placement ID: ######10
Amount Due: $13.87
Notice Dated 5/15/2004

This is the email returned:
Thank you for contacting us.

Since the shipment we sent never reached you, we have removed the charge from your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused.

Please feel free to contact us again, if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Susan *****

Discusted
CA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2004 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quality-Paperback-Book-Club-DOUBLEDAY/nationwide/Quality-Paperback-Book-Club-affiliated-With-DOUBLEDAY-Ripoff-I-got-billed-from-QPB-when-I-95030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quality Paperback Book Club - DOUBLEDAY