Complaint Review: Quality Paperback Book Club

• Reported By:Ottawa Ontario
Quality Paperback Book Club
http://www.qpb.ca/ Internet U.S.A.

Quality Paperback Book Club Overcharge and no customer service Internet

I signed up in 2006 and was sent books I didn't order. I tried to contact customer service about this issue, but received no response to any of my letters. My e-mails were finally addressed after several months and, after a very delayed game of e-mail tag (that took nearly four months for a measly handful of e-mails!), I was finally told how to return the books. I was then charged a late fee, even though I hadn't paid or returned the books because I was trying to speak to their customer service representative.

I received several threatening letters from their collections department regarding the late fee. I called them and, after explaining the issue, was told by their representative that it would be fixed and I no longer had to pay the late fee. I continued to receive letters from their collections department. I e-mailed and wrote letters and, if they were answered at all, were cut and paste responses that didn't even come close to addressing my issue. One phone representative hung up on me, another also promised that my account was okay and not to worry.

Filed a report with the Better Business Bureau almost two months ago. I received one response from QPB about my complaint that accused me of trying to cheat the company. I told the Better Business Bureau that they didn't resolve my complaint. This was ten days ago and there's still no response!

Whatever you do, do NOT do business with these people!

Ann
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2008 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quality-Paperback-Book-Club/internet/Quality-Paperback-Book-Club-Overcharge-and-no-customer-service-Internet-338498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quality Paperback Book Club