Premier

• Submitted: Mon, August 15, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, August 15, 2011

• Reported By: Kate — Sebring Florida United States of America
Quality Paperback Book Club

Quality Paperback Book Club Quality Paperback Book Club stole credit card Info, won't cancel account, Internet

Quality Paperback Book Club's website has been down for several days, but I am still receiving messages from their customer service email.

I went on the site Aug. 13, 2011 and found QPB said I still needed to buy two books by that day to fulfill my agreement. I purchased two books, was given the option to click a box to give QPB authorization to automatically charge my credit card in the future. I did NOT check this box.

I used PayPal to pay for the books. When I next visited PayPal, I checked the list of authorized merchants and QPB was there. I removed them. I sent them an email and explained what had happened, asking to end my membership.

I'm sure it's coincidence, but QPB's website went down that day, and has not returned as of Aug. 15, 2011.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2011 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quality-Paperback-Book-Club/internet/Quality-Paperback-Book-Club-Quality-Paperback-Book-Club-stole-credit-card-Info-wont-can-765382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quality Paperback Book Club