poetic

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Quantex Microsystems Inc
Nationwide U.S.A.

Quantex Microsystems Inc poor quality product rip-off

Here is my experience with Quantex.
I purchased a computer system from Quantex Microsystems Inc. on Jan 17, 1997. It came with a 3 years parts warranty. In Janurary of 1999, the fan of the power supply stopped working. I called Quantex's Service department and ask for a replacement. The "new" power supply was shipped to me through the RMA process. I installed the "new" power supply from Quantex and shipped back the defective one as instructed.

The computer worked normally for less that 2 weeks after that. In late Janurary, the system stopped working completely and instead of calling Quantex again, I took it to a local computer repair shop, named ComputerCare, for inspection (I was on vacation from Jan 27 to Feb 17). The technican told me the mother board, hard drive and CD Rom were all bad and he could not retrieve any data from the hard disk at all. ComputerCare then contacted Quantex on my behalf and the supposingly new mother board, hard disk and CD Rom were shipped to ComputerCare for installion. The computer did not work completely until the sound card (replace through Quantex) and the modem (I purchased it from a local store) were also replaced.

I spent the next week to install back all the software I needed. Not long after I finished setting up my computer, it stopped working suddently with a burning smell. I called Quantex again and explained about the situation. The representive then told me the power supply that they shipped to me back in Janurary was defective and it was known to surge hard drives. Again, I got a mother board and a power supply from Quantex. The computer would not work after I replaced them and I am sure my hard disk is gone since I can see a burning mark at the back of it. I decided it is time to end this and I wrote a letter to the CEO of Quantex on April 15. Quantex has not provided me with a reasonable resolution until now.

I am not the only person who had bad experience with Quantex.

J Parker

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quantex-Microsystems-Inc/nationwide/Quantex-Microsystems-Inc-poor-quality-product-rip-off-2726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quantex Microsystems Inc