Complaint Review: Quantex Microsystems

Quantex Microsystems
, New Jersey U.S.A.

Computer Fraud with Quantex

My complaint is with Quantex Microsystems that went Bankrupt

Hi, when i bought my first computer (quantex), i was in high school, and preparing for college. I bought the computer in the first place because i will be a computer science major. The first issue i had and still have today is that my computer was shipped about 2 months later that it should of came, and since they say that they will give me the money back for the price change in teh system i got, i never received the 200$ i should of got back. That was the first problem... the next was on the first day i got my machine, the driver disk they gave me for my Guillemot 3d prophet wasnt working correctly, even the demo games on this disk would freeze my computer... very very annoying. Here i busted my ass working at Giant as a bagger/cashier for 2 years saving up for a POS computer... I called them and they were no help whatsoever... I even wrote a letter and didnt get a reply. It seems to me that either my motherboard or graphics have a error or they arnt compatable with each other.... i always get the blue screen of death with VxD errors, which i believe have to do with the chipset i have, although i downloaded the latest one form viatech.com.... Currently i work at my college fixing comptuers, Northampton Area Community College and i have a vast knowlege of comptuer repair but my system is a hopeless cause... after months of tweakign i got my system down to maybe 4 error's a week if im lucky, i wanted to return my system the first week i got it, but from lack of information and support it wasnt gunna happen.. Now i have to wait till im outta college (3 more years) and get a descent job to get rid of the crap computer i have now that i paid $2500.00 for ---sigh---
Any way i can get some money back??
they havent kept their promise of refunding my money for late shipment and only once responded via email about a hardware problem i had, the response was mean and didnt help at all
Sincerly,
a ripped off customer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quantex-Microsystems/New-Jersey/Computer-Fraud-with-Quantex-5381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quantex Microsystems