Complaint Review: Quantex

• Submitted: Tue, July 04, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, July 04, 2000

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Quantex
Somerset, New Jersey & Nationwide U.S.A.

Quantex poor quality, horrid service

I purchased my Quantex Desktop 10 months ago after much investigation of PC magazine reviews claiming good to even outstanding service and quality for Quantex computers.

It arrived with a broken speaker which after 1 week was replaced with another broken speaker which I replaced (at my cost) with a working set of speakers. The sound became intermittent shortly after purchase. After multiple calls and horrendously long waits for tech services, I still have intermittent sound. In the past 3 months, the computer started emitting a horrid grinding noise. When I requested "On-Site" servicing from tech support, they informed me it was only provided for broken motherboards and then only after I (the customer), with their phone guidance, diagnosed the problem. Yes, that means you open the computer, turn it on and see if the fans are running, the drive is clanking, connect/disconnect wires, etc... Sounds ridiculous? Maybe a little dangerous?

After a horrible fight with Quantex which resulted in my complaining to the Better Business Bureau and my state's Prosecuting Attorney, Quantex wrote me a letter that it could not be fixed because I was uncooperative with tech services. Finally, Quantex agreed to fix it (I am disabled which is why I was taken in by their "On-Site Service")but only if I sent it to them (still no On-Site Service but they did pay the postage). They did offer with much reluctance to send someone to my home but only with a part that the tech on the phone thought my computer might need and their representative then informed me if the computer still was nonfunctional they would not service those symptoms again. She states that the "On-Site Service" technicians only replace parts and never diagnose a problem.

It was returned 1 week ago and the grind is gone but the sound is still intermittent.

I recommend not purchasing a Quantex Computer - it is not worth the frustration.

kit10

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quantex/Somerset-New-Jersey-Nationwide/Quantex-poor-quality-horrid-service-2598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quantex