Complaint Review: Quantex

• Reported By:
Quantex
Nationwide U.S.A.

Quantex - bad motherboard & in home warranty

I purchased the Quantex Intel PIII 500 (PC3655). I am not happy with my purchase. The NEW computer is in my opinion is not worth the trouble. I ordered the computer from a television infomercial.

My first big mistake. When I received the computer, I could not get the new printer working. Of course Quantex kept telling me that it was the printer and nothing wrong with the computer parellal port.

I am no computer expert but I knew what the problem was. The printer company sent me a new printer just to prove that it was the computer and not the printer. After testing the new printer, I was right. Quantex finally relented and decided they would install a new motherboard.

One of the selling points on the computer was the in home warranty. Well they do not tell you it is during business hours. I have a full time job. If I am not off when they schedule my in home tech support, I might have to take off work. I am paying for their mistake.

Just a final note. Their 24 hour tech support number is also a joke. The wait time to speak to a tech rep. is over 45 minutes on most occasions. Sometimes even longer. Be prepared to hold the telephone for a long time. Luckily for me, I have a telephone headset. DO NOT BUY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quantex/nationwide/Quantex-bad-motherboard-in-home-warranty-2742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quantex