Complaint Review: Quest Diagnostics

• Submitted: Wed, January 24, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, March 28, 2012

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Quest Diagnostics
PO BOX 78406 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Quest Diagnostics are expert of overbilling and do not coordinate with your Insurance company, ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: quest diagnostics

* : Keep calling their customer service

*Consumer Suggestion: Hopefully this law in still in effect.

Our Doctor has sent a medical prenatal test (FSH, TSH, etc) to Quest Diagnostics. We have receive a $2000 invoice to pay in 4 weeks... Our Insurance company should cover for those test and told us to call QuestDiagnostics to correct that mistake. Then, the Ping-Pong game started.

Over the phone Quest Diagnostics told us that they will get in contact with Blue Cross and should fix the billing problem soon, but they never did it... Still, we are receiving since 6 months invoices with the same $2000 bill... We have call the insurance company which told us that it is the fault of Quest Diagnostics for not specifying and changing for a corrected bill. Then, we have call Quest Diagnostics and are still playing the Ping-Pong game.

To make a long story short, Quest Diagnostic likes to send you invoice to pay as soon as possible and they are not linked or in contact with Health Insurance Company. Worst company in diagnostics for billing and they do not have a real address, just a PO Box in Arizona.

Dan
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2007 10:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quest-Diagnostics/Phoenix-Arizona-85062-8406/Quest-Diagnostics-are-expert-of-overbilling-and-do-not-coordinate-with-your-Insurance-comp-232546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quest Diagnostics

quest diagnostics

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

Hi,

I have used quest online for my bills from them. They kept sending me bill after bill also. But figuring ill get nowhere with customer service. I kept updating the health benefit info every single time they sent me the bill. I just kept putting the same info in and hitting update. finally after a few tries it worked and it was paid for. whew! They are tough and no one at these companies like to do their jobs. good thing I didnt give up and pay for it. good luck to you all and give it a few tries. see what happens.  Im actually going thru it again with a bill for 2500.00 ughh...the idiot that took our health benefit info read it wrong and put a whole different company on the bill. luckily I went online to their site and saw the mistake and updated it...just waiting for the outcome. I am also applying for financial aid they have that they offer. wouldnt hurt to try.

#2

Keep calling their customer service

AUTHOR: AConsumer - (USA)

I had a very similar experience with Quest Diagnostics overbilling me a lot more than what my insurance company said I owed them.

When I called my insurance company, they said they have sent the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to Quest Diagnostics as soon as they billed the insurance company.

Quest Diagnostics sent me 3 bills with the same overbilled amount and after 90 days they said they will give my information to a collection agency.

I have been calling them every time I received their bill and have been telling them that they have been billing me a lot more than what I owe ( according to my coinsurance or insurance deductible).

Finally after calling them the 5th time, they then looked over the paperwork, and then corrected their inaccurate bill. I had to ask them to mail me the corrected bill.

I refused to pay them the invoice until they sent me the corrected bill , even though they threatened to submit my information to a collection agency.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Hopefully this law in still in effect.

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

Years ago I was notified of this law by my health insurance company and hopefully, for you, it is still in effect.

If Quest accepted your insurance when you went in for the tests, and did not bill your insurance within a certain time frame (it used to be 6 months), you are not liable for the bill either. They have forfeited their rights to be paid because they did not bill your insurance company. Ask your insurance company if they ever received the bill. Also ask them about this law.

If Quest never knew you had insurance, then it was your responsibility when you received the first bill from them to provide that information. If you did not, then you are liable.

Also, my insurance company (not Blue Cross) used Quest for years and years and just recently notified us we will no longer be covered at a Quest lab.

Even though your doctor sent you to Quest, you have to make sure your insurance company has a contract with Quest. It is no longer the doctor's responsibility to make sure where they send you is approved with your insurance company. Unfortunately nowadays, it is the insured's responsibility to make sure they go to facilities approved by their insurance company (my sister had this problem). This paragraph may not pertain to you, but I added it to help others.

hotels