farmers

• Updated: Tue, April 10, 2012

• Reported By: phil — fort mill South Carolina United States of America
Questia

Questia Deceptive Business Practice Internet

This online research site is deliberately misleading and should be blacklisted. They lure customers with free trial, but as you can see from their website (copy of which I have), they do not reveal that the free trial is only for 24 hours. I signed up for the free trial thinking that it is for one month. I tried their search function a couple of times as soon as I signed up, but did not get anything I could use.

I signed up at around 2 pm on Friday, and discovered that my credit card has already been charged by Saturday. I canceled my trial subscription at around 10 am Monday morning and sent an email requesting for a refund. I thought any reasonable company would comply with my request because my cancellation was certainly within one business day. They didnt even reply to my email.

In summary, Questia is a deceptive, unreasonable, and uncaring business. There is absolutely no difference between Questia and outright scammers on the Internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2012 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Questia/internet/Questia-Deceptive-Business-Practice-Internet-866397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Questia