Complaint Review: QuiBids Holdings LLC

• Submitted: Sat, October 22, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: thenightfox1 — Gainesville Texas United States of America
QuiBids Holdings LLC
4 NE 10th Suite 242 Oklahoma City, ok 73104 Oklahoma City Ok, Oklahoma United States of America

QuiBids Holdings LLC www.quibids.com I sign in to create an account and idiotically give them a visa to use for bids however they charge $60. to sign up wwithout notice. My password won't work so I try to reset it and they send a lind of Oklahoma City Ok, Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Q-BIDS SIGNING UP PROCESS

*UPDATE Employee: Response from QuiBids customer support

*UPDATE Employee: Response from QuiBids customer support

They advertise on tv that you can go on the internet to a bidding site and win bids of one cent increments.  They don't tell you they have charged you $60 just to login and they don't tell you  you are charged 60 cents with every one cent incremental bid you make whether you win the bid or not.

I have a masters degree as a tax law CPA so I can read and I rarely get this completely ripped off.  This is nothing more than a scam.  An interstate operation that needs to be investigated by the feds.  How they have gotten away with it so long is uncomprendable to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2011 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QuiBids-Holdings-LLC/Oklahoma-City-Ok-Oklahoma-73104/QuiBids-Holdings-LLC-wwwquibidscom-I-sign-in-to-create-an-account-and-idiotically-give-t-791415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QuiBids Holdings LLC

Q-BIDS SIGNING UP PROCESS

AUTHOR: Tracy Rubio - (United States of America)

I WAS MISINFORMED.  I STARTED TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION TO START THE PROCESS AND INPUT MY CREDIT CARD INFO TO FIND OUT THAT IT WAS WITH DRAWN FROM MY ACCOUNT.  I AM A NEWCOMER TO THIS TYPE OF BUSINESS.  I WAS VERY MAD AND STILL VERY MAD.  I WOULD LIKE TO BE CREDITED THE $60.OO BACK TO MY CREDIT CARD.

Response from QuiBids customer support

AUTHOR: Erik - (United States of America)

I am with QuiBids customer support. I would like to address some of your concerns here. First off, QuiBids is a pay to play auction model. We do not attempt to hide this information, but have provided it in several places on our website including the QuiBids 101 section that details our auction model. In this section we explain why bids are purchased and invested in auctions and how, if you are not the winner you can exercise the 'Buy Now' option and purchase the item out-right minus the value of the bids invested in that auction.

The Buy Now feature offers you the chance to purchase any product at any time during the auction and for up to 2 hours after the auction ends. Any real bids (aka Bid Pack bids) you place on an auction will be discounted off the Value Price*.  Please note: Voucher Bids will not be used to discount the Buy Now Price.

Below is an example of how your discount Buy Now price is calculated:
Value Price: $100.00
Discount: Real Bids Placed x Bid Price: 100 x $0.60 = $60.00
Buy Now Price: $100 - $60 =  $40.00 + Shipping/Taxes (if applicable)

No one has to walk away empty-handed.  It is entirely up to the participant whether he or she will use the value of bids spent on an auction as a rebate to the purchase price. The worst case scenario should be someone walking away from the site with an item at the value price, which is typically a good internet price.  QuiBids Buy Now feature eliminates the potential for loss.

I hope this helps provide some clarification of the matter!

Response from QuiBids customer support

AUTHOR: Erik - (United States of America)

Below is an example of how your discount Buy Now price is calculated:
Value Price: $100.00
Discount: Real Bids Placed x Bid Price: 100 x $0.60 = $60.00
Buy Now Price: $100 - $60 =  $40.00 + Shipping/Taxes (if applicable)

I hope this helps provide some clarification of the matter!