Complaint Review: Quibids

Quibids

Quibids Phony bidding? Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Third Party Audit

*Consumer Comment: A scam

So, I'm not sure what the truth is, but here are a few observations I've made.

A) I've been watching the same "user" autobid, or "Bid-o-Matic" for about three hours now... What happened to the 25 auto bid limit? B) I'm in an auction, and I recognized a bidder username from a previous auction. So I clicked on the username to see their history, when I discovered that this account was apparently created yesterday on August 27th... The only problem is that I did not log into quibids nor did I participate in any auctions on that date. Could this be a robobidder made to make the real users feel like they're dealing with an inexperienced bidder and/or drive up the bids? C) I have viewed/participated in several auctions that seem to miraculously end moments after I leave. I wait for the auto bids to run out, which never seems to happen. But if I close my browser for say, 5minutes and come back, the auction has ended only a dollar or two away from when I left off. D) ever notice how the big ticket items that go for rediculously cheap are always won in an auction that is held and ends mid-day-- around 1200-1300hrs. The big ticket items like the computers and 40" & 50" tvs. The problem is, I've never seen an auction on these items that begins/ends before 15:00hrs. E) ever notice that no matter where you set your autobid to begin, it always seems to get there and end abruptly after your bids are out? F) the recently sold for prices are never the same. Same tv Saturday recently sold for $38 & $7. Today it's $122 & $133 Perhaps I've just had some bad luck. Perhaps not. There have been a lot of strange coincidences like the ones mentioned above.

Be wary. (btw, that same user is still auto bidding)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 10:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quibids/internet/Quibids-Phony-bidding-Internet-933492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quibids

Third Party Audit

AUTHOR: J4me10 - (USA)

We are proud to inform you that all practices involving QuiBids are in no way illegitimate. QuiBids recently passed an independent third-party audit of our integrity and internal controls. The following PDF file explains the audit in full detail:

QuiBids is also a BBB accredited business and has been since September 22, 2010. We are very proud of our A- rating with the BBB. For more information regarding our BBB accreditation, please follow this link:

Hopefully this helps provide some clarification on this topic. If you would like to contact us personally with any further questions, you can do so by phone at 1-855-QUIBIDS, or by email at support@quibids.com.

Sincerely,
Quibids Support

A scam

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

First of all, Quibids is clearly not an auction site.  I mean, when was the last time you went to an auction, bid on something, didn't get, and had to pay anyway.

It's borderline legal but is a brilliant money maker for the web site.

Anyone would do well to stay far away from Quibids and any of the other similar sites.