Complaint Review: Quibids.com

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Eric — Grand Bay Alabama United States of America
Quibids.com

Quibids.com Online auction website. Online auction website Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We are sorry you feel that way!

*Consumer Comment: Ramjet & Bubby lee the same????

*General Comment: THE OUTLAW

*Consumer Comment: Rebutt????

*Consumer Comment: Auction?

I was in an auction on Quibids for a product that was MSRP $500.00.  The bids went up to $14.45 before it ended.  I was in the bid for over an hour, watching closely to the activities in the auction.  I ended up spending $240 on bids.  After about an hour I ran out of bids and ended up losing the auction.  I was using the Bid-O-Matic option that they provide.  Everything seemed normal during the auction, ACCEPT towards the end.  Right after my bids ran out, the auction ended immediately, even though there were 3 other people(most likely bots) still using Bid-O-Matic and were still in the auction.  Before getting involved in Quibids, I did my research on the website reading reviews and learning how the system works.  People say that Quibids does not use bots to increase the bids during the auctions.  I STRONGLY DISAGREE.  This has happened to me twice in a role now, where users(bots) come in toward the end to raise the bids.  Also, it seems like there is a constant rotation.  What I mean by this is that a few users (bots) will come in the auction an bid for awhile, then they leave, and come back in again. This rotation included 3 users(bots).  At the beginning of the auction was pretty smooth.  There were four bidders that stayed in the auction for about a half hour and then they dropped out never to return again.  Which is the normal pattern for most auctions.  I truly believe Quibids use bots for the high end items on their site.  The next time I bid for a high end item, I will take a video of the auction to show my evidence.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2012 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quibidscom/internet/Quibidscom-Online-auction-website-Online-auction-website-Internet-905942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quibids.com

We are sorry you feel that way!

AUTHOR: J4me10 - (USA)

We are truly sorry to hear this is your impression of QuiBids. We are proud to inform you that all practices involving QuiBids are in no way illegitimate. QuiBids recently passed an independent third-party audit of our integrity and internal controls. The following PDF file explains the audit in full detail: http://www.quibids.com/static/productimages/files/QuiBids_Grant%20Thornton-FINAL%20Report_2011.pdf

QuiBids is also a BBB accredited business and has been since September 22, 2010. We are very proud of our A- rating with the BBB. For more information regarding our BBB accreditation, please follow this link: http://www.bbb.org/oklahoma-city/business-reviews/penny-auctions/quibids-in-oklahoma-city-ok-90016706

If you would like to contact us personally with any further questions, you can do so by phone at 1-855-QUIBIDS, or by email at support@quibids.com.

Sincerely,
Quibids Support

Ramjet & Bubby lee the same????

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

No money is being made from either the name or picture, out in the public domain. Team rebutt can't scare me. As always attacking people who don't want any advice. Have a nice day

#3 General Comment

THE OUTLAW

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

What happened to your picture?

Someone warn you using a copy written image and a copy written poster name wern't a good idea, or just lazy?

Rebutt????

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

When is the last time anyone ever had a good rebutt??? Never with team rebutt on the job

Auction?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

When was the last time you went to a real auction, bid for an item, didn't get it and had to pay anyway?

Penny auctions are clearly a ripoff and you would do well to stay away from them.  In addition to every thing else wrong with them, they are not even authorized dealers and you may not have warranty's on tech devices you buy.

It's actually closer to gambling than an auction.

My advice is to buy from a legitimate dealer.