Complaint Review: Quibids.com

• Submitted: Tue, December 18, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: dscotty — Saint Louis Missouri United States of America
Quibids.com

Quibids.com Quibids Charged my bank account without my knowledge or consent the very instant I set up an account Internet

*UPDATE Employee: QuiBids Response: First Purchase

*UPDATE Employee: First Purchase

I was interested in online auctioning because I wanted a good deal and thought I would set up an account with Quibids to give it a try. I just wanted to set up an account. Part of that involved giving them my credit card information.

I have set up accounts on reputable websites before and part of setting up included setting up billing information. Reputable websites are always very clear before they charge your card anything. They have multiple pop-ups that come up before a transaction is finalized to insure they consumer really intended to complete the transaction.

I guess I just got use to such courtesy. I regret taking such reputable and trustworthy web services for granted. Quibids is clearly not reputable or trustworthy.

The instant I gave them my card information the card was charged for sixty online bids only good at their website that I did not know I would be forced to buy. I did not even realize I was charged anything until I looked at my back account online after giving Quibids my information. Quibids was not clear that I would be buying sixty dollars worth of their bids when I gave them my information.

The wording is tricky and all I want is a refund for the bids and my money back. My only mistake is taking kindness and courtesy for granted. Quibids is a crooked business and they should not be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 02:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quibidscom/internet/Quibidscom-Quibids-Charged-my-bank-account-without-my-knowledge-or-consent-the-very-insta-983623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quibids.com

QuiBids Response: First Purchase

AUTHOR: QuiBids Support Rep - ()

Sorry to hear this has been your impression of QuiBids. QuiBids is a legitimate business with an A rating with the BBB. You can read more about that here:

We try to provide as much information upfront to inform potential customers that QuiBids is a pay-to-participate site. If you purchased bids and did not wish to, we have 100% guarantee refund of any unused purchased bids. Please feel free to email us at support@quibids.com or call 1-855-QUIBIDS (784-2437) anytime Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM CST and we will be happy to further assist you!

First Purchase

AUTHOR: J4me10 - (USA)

We sincerely do apologize for any confusion you may have experienced on QuiBids. However, on QuiBids you will never be charged for anything without your consent.

Quibids is a pay-to-play system. Creating an account is free, but participating in auctions on the site is not. You first have to purchase bids in packages to use in the auctions. They are .60 a piece, and can be found in packages from 45 all the way up to 300 bids. After you have successfully purchased a bid package, you are free to bid in auctions on the site.

At any time, if you would like a refund on your unused bids, we would be happy to process you a refund. If you would like to contact us personally with any further questions, you can do so by phone at 1-855-QUIBIDS, or by email at support@quibids.com.

Sincerely,