Complaint Review: Quick Smog

• Updated: Sat, March 06, 2010

• Reported By: Daniel M. — Lakewood California United States of America
Quick Smog
10607 Imperial Hwy. Unit C Norwalk, California United States of America

Quick Smog Test only Center The Owner Manipulated Me into Paying more for a smog Check, Norwalk, California

On Saturday March 6 2010, I Took my car to Quick Smog to get my smog check.  I talked to the Owner, Youri, and i told him i needed a smog check for my vehicle. He Told me to pull up my car and he would do it. He then asked for my Dmv Registration so he could scan it into the computer. After doing so, He pull my car wheels onto the smog tester and performed a Test. (He did not Give me an Estimate On how much the Smog would Cost ) After the Test was complete he then Looked under the hood of my car and looked at my engine. He recognized that i had a illegal Air Intake On my Car. He then told me that he was going to have to charge me $70 For The Smog and a additional $70 To pass my car smog test because i had an illegal intake. I then told him i did not know the Air intake was illegal and i would have the orignal put on right away.

Youri then told me what he could  do was He could Fail my smog test and i would have to pay him 80 Dollars exact Come back on Monday with my orginal intake on and he would pass me for an additional 20 dollars. Since the test was already complete and passed i did not want to take the chance of him destroying and Voiding my smog test. I then told him i would pay the extra 70 dollars to receive my Smog test. Youri Gave me a receipt for $70 Dollars and did not put the extra charge of 70 dollars. Since i am only 21 years of age i feel that Youri Manipulated and Swindled me into an extra 70 dollars for a visual of an illegal air intake. Youri did not go by proper procedure by Inspecting my car, Giving me an estimate before the smog test. He also did not Put the full amount of $140 dollars on the receipt when given to me. He told me he was was helping me and pass my smog test for the extra 70 because of the illegal intake, But the smog test was already passed. Please do not go here.!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2010 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quick-Smog/Norwalk-California-90650/Quick-Smog-Test-only-Center-The-Owner-Manipulated-Me-into-Paying-more-for-a-smog-Check-N-579109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quick Smog