Complaint Review: Quick Start Store

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 21, 2013

• Reported By: Thomas — Dallas Texas United States of America
Quick Start Store

Quick Start Store They sign you up for a free trial, lie to you over the phone about when the trial is over, then try to collect on it. Internet

*General Comment: similar situation

They called and convinced me of a 30 day trial.  Convinced me to sign an agreement.

I didn't hear from them for 2 weeks and called them about it (concerned about the trial ending before I saw anything).  They told me "Oh, your trial doesn't start until we have the website created".

They created the website.  Next time I talked to them, they continued to tell me that the trial wasn't over until a later date. I discussed canceling with them and they told me to think about it a little longer because I still had time left on my trial period. I eventually canceled anyway- well before the end of the trial that they were telling me.  I was told over the phone that I was canceling before the trial was over and I owed nothing.

Two and a half weeks later, I get a call from a lady in "collections" telling me that I technically cancelled 2 days after the trial was over and they needed to collect over $4,000 for the total amount owed on a 2 year agreement, including some ridiculous start up fee.  She was very rude and told me to "read documents before I sign them", and that the trial period began when I signed the document, despite what the account managers had been telling me weeks before.  It was very clear that their whole intention was to trick me.

I gave my lawyer a phone recording I have of them, and all the info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quick-Start-Store/internet/Quick-Start-Store-They-sign-you-up-for-a-free-trial-lie-to-you-over-the-phone-about-when-960267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quick Start Store

#1 General Comment

similar situation

AUTHOR: Francesca - (United States of America)

I am in a similar situation, but don't have any recordings with the company. Do you know what I can do to settle this situation? And how I can resolve it?