Complaint Review: Quicken Loans-Livonia Michigan

• Submitted: Tue, August 31, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 21, 2010

• Reported By: Bryan — otto North Carolina U.S.A.
Quicken Loans-Livonia Michigan
400 GalleriaOfficentre Southfield Michigan 48034 Livonia, Michigan United States of America

Quicken Loans-Livonia Michigan They Lie, Change the Contract,Charge your account for he deposit before the agreed date, and have NO intention of closing the loan. They just want your deposit. Livonia, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: They Will Not Give Resititution...

*Author of original report: file it as a report?

*Consumer Comment: File A Report....

*Author of original report: Obviously Kelly Cant Read!!

*Consumer Comment: Right Kelly!

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Quicken Loans

*Consumer Comment: Horrible Excuse for a Business...

My wife contacted Quicken Loans, Before we read Ripoff-Reports, unfortunately.They took our financial information, and the value of our property, and said that we were approved for a loan. We had to pay a deposit of 400.00

Deposit was supposed to be held for 2 weeks, wife gets paid once a month, on the 31st, but they deposited the deposit Immediately. We went into insufficient funds.

They ordered an appraisal, had to build handrails on 2 porches for 600.00, re-appraisal. Then they requested our long form w-2 tax returns, and found out that we have an un-rented rental home. Our home is valued at 230,000.00 We were applying for a loan for only 140,000.00 They turned down the loan for the reason that " the rental home is not rented, therefore we would not have income on the rental propertyto repay the loan" which initially, they had no knowledge of the rental property we own.

After paying the 600.00 to build handrails, and them turning down the loan that they had approved, they ended the loan the day before the scheduled closing, and have repeatedly refused to return my deposit.

Unfortunately, as a result of arguing with them at my place of employment, i have now lost my 1600.00 a month job, had my television re-possessed, cell phones turned off for non-payment. I am about to lose my truck, my home phone, getting collection calls from everyone all day long. The stress has me on tons of medication that i can not afford, due to no insurance, and have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

I have filed a complaint with the Michigan department of of the Attorney Generals Office, and am seeking an attorney that would be interested in taking the case against Quicken Loans in a Class Action Suit. Anyone interested in Joining a Class Action Suit, please feel free to contact Rip-Off Reports, and lets file a suit in court against them. There are enough reports against them to prove that they are a predatorial mortgage company, interested in only taking the money from unsuspecting customers.  PLease help me file a Class Action Suit against them.

Any Attorney interested in taking this case, please call me immediately at (((phone number redacted))). I'm not sure how long it will be before my phone is turned off, so please call as soon as possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quicken-Loans-Livonia-Michigan/Livonia-Michigan-48034/Quicken-Loans-Livonia-Michigan-They-Lie-Change-the-ContractCharge-your-account-for-he-d-636227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quicken Loans-Livonia Michigan

They Will Not Give Resititution...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

This is what Kelly makes abundantly clear! Just check out the site I mentioned and if enough complaints come from the people that are pissed off about being shafted there is a chance that something can be done. Check the site out and then if you are comfortable join those that want to disclose the nasty practices we have experienced. Again...

file it as a report?

AUTHOR: Bryan - (U.S.A.)

I'm not sure how to go about doing that, just tell me how, and i will be glad to do so, just for the purpose of not letting them do this to someone else. It's pretty obvious to me that they really DONT have a problem doing this to everyone. Its one thing to take one or two folks to the cleaners, but to do it repeatedly, without even a shred of conscious, and even try to defend themselves for the bad things they do,They really should be made to give restitution.

File A Report....

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

I would file this complaint as a report:

Obviously Kelly Cant Read!!

AUTHOR: Bryan - (U.S.A.)

Doesnt matter what Kelly wants everyone to believe, ALL anyone has to do is read the reports on ripoff report, and then just COUNT how many people have had the SAME thing done to them. EVEN their employees say they are a bunch of LIARS, and CROOKS.

I dont expect anything from them, I got ripped off, and nothing will change that. HOWEVER,  I am still looking for an attorney that will file a Class Action Suit, and no matter what they think or say, I already have filed a complaint with the Michigan State Attorney Generals Office.

Anyone that has been ripped off by Quicken in Michigan needs to call the Michigan Attorney Generals office, they will give you the number to call, and send them a complaint against Quicken.  MICHIGAN DOES NOT HAVE A BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, YOU MUST CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE IN MICHIGAN!

BEWARE: YOU CANNOT TRUST QUICKEN LOANS IN LIVONIA MICHIGAN. THE REASON THEY GAVE FOR TURNING ME  DOWN WAS MY RENTAL UNIT WAS NOT RENTED> THIS IS THE RENTAL THAT THEY DID NOT KNOW I HAD TIL I SENT THEM A COPY OF MY W-2's.

Quicken Loans in Livonia is a non discriminating scam. They will scam everyone they can.If you get taken, dont say you were not warned. Wish i had come to rip-off reports FIRST. MY BAD!!

Right Kelly!

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

And we customers should believe in the credit fairy! You are not sorry at all otherwise you would pay me and the other customers that your boss (Quicken Loans) has scammed!

Response from Quicken Loans

AUTHOR: Kelly at QuickenLoans - (USA)

Hi Bryan - I'm Kelly with Quicken Loans. I'm sorry that your loan didn't work out.

Please know that we always do everything possible to close a loan - that is always our goal. If your appraisal wasn't accepted, it was likely that we had to deny your loan. When we deny a loan, we refund any part of your deposit that wasn't spent on your behalf - we keep nothing.

In order for us to begin processing your loan, you agreed to and authorized the deposit when you signed your application, specifically the document titled "Deposit Agreement." Our policy is also readily available on our website: https://www.quickenloans.com/about/quicken-loans-deposit

Without knowing who you are, it's difficult for me to comment further. If you could please get in touch with me, I'm happy to look into what happened with your loan or answer any questions you might have. Email your full name or loan number to: Kelly@QuickenLoans.com

Thank you for considering Quicken Loans. I am sorry it didn't work out, but I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Kelly
Quicken Loans
Kelly@QuickenLoans.com

Horrible Excuse for a Business...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

It is astounding that this business still finds it way into lives of people that are decent American citizens like yourself. Last year I went through a similar situation. This business threw me into a cycle I have yet to get out of, and luckily for me I was able to find another job for a few months - a miracle in this terrible economy. Mind you I had lost 25% of my salary at my place of employment and was living paycheck to paycheck like most people in this country today. It is a bad day for America when good people like you can be scammed into this position by a business that has an A+ rating at the BBB. Isn't this rating Amazing? They pay the bureau so you know where their priorities lie. Quicken Loans take deposits as quickly as possible, since they are in the deposit taking business, and then (even when they know people are struggling) refuse to honor their business dealings. One person that worked for the company described this as "throwing it (the deposit) against the wall to see if it sticks" policy. They also hire people to inspect properties that are not familiar with the location and the soft values that is need to be considered when evaluating the property worth. I am so glad I never went through that in my situation! For me they provided paperwork and when I signed, even though the contract was withdrawn by me in less than a day, they kept my $500 deposit. The fee as if THEY CAN DO IT THEY DO IT, and have no concern for what is RIGHT or ETHICAL. My credit card account was overdrawn during my ordeal and this is when I fell in a cycle of FEES FEES FEES and even more FEES throughout all my expenses.  This is the kind of business that should be the focus of the new regulatory agencies and laws, that along with credit cards and the shady practices of big banks and businesses. I hope that you do not have to endure the syrupy rationalizations by the contemptuous person whose job it is to address our concerns called Kelly. She (and Quicken Loans) is always right and we (their targets) are always wrong.