Complaint Review: Quicken Loans

• Updated: Tue, September 17, 2013

• Reported By: Kam — Las Vegas Nevada
Quicken Loans
1050 Woodward Ave Detroit, Michigan USA

Quicken Loans deposit rip off promised to refund the deposit if no loan (by phone) but then refused. Detroit Michigan

On June 10, 2013 I was contacted by the Quicken Loans sales person Corey Wacker. Because of all their TV advertising I trusted him when he asked for a $500 deposit to start the loan process. I was assured that the deposit would be refunded if I did not get the loan. Nothing was in writing. I did not get the loan so I refuted the charge on my AMEX card. Quicken Loans sent several documents to AMEX supporting their claim to my $500. The one document that shows that they would keep my deposit was never given to me and my 'signature' at the bottom of the document is obviously a fraud.

In that same supporting pdf document to AMEX there is a different document that I did sign. The signatures are not even close and the bogus one is obvious and has no date. If you google 'quicken loans 500 deposit fraud' you will get countless hits. Quicken Loans may give some people loans but they are making money with this $500 deposit scam. I should add that they did offer to give me the loan. The catch is that they required me to get duplicate flood insurance (I have in writing from 2 insurance agents that the requested flood insurance was duplicate insurance and it is questionable whether I could collect) The duplicate flood insurance would have the effect of increasing my mortgage more than 25% so is obviously designed to force me to refuse the mortgage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quicken-Loans/Detroit-Michigan-48226/Quicken-Loans-deposit-rip-off-promised-to-refund-the-deposit-if-no-loan-by-phone-but-th-1085280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quicken Loans