Complaint Review: Quicken Loans

• Submitted: Fri, October 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 12, 2008

• Reported By:Chesterfield Virginia
Quicken Loans
www.quickenloans.com , Michigan U.S.A.

Quicken Loans "hang-up" Department aggressive tactics, high rates, liars Call Center Michigan

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: NewKid

*UPDATE Employee: Chesterfield Phd

I have just hung up on a quicken loan officer. He was extremely pushy, talking to me as if I was a kid. I am not a native English speaker and must have thought that I was stupid.

I had a bad feeling from the beginning, he calls me on my cell in a middle of a meeting, I tell him I cannot talk and he keeps on insisting it will only take a minute or two. I told him to call back at 3pm, he calls back at 7pm, I give hhim some information but he was so pushy and arrogant. I could not believe when he told me "Let me explain you how things are going to work". I replied that I was to decide how things are going to work and that I will not rush to any decision.

He calls back later, tels me he has found something great for me and that is exactly what I need and he just presents me with a basic conventional loan with a jacked up rate of 6.75% when the average in my state is 5.95%. I knew I could do much better because I had already been contacted by other lenders. i got so fed of him trying to convince me that I should praise him for finding me such a great deal that I told him I had found an FHA with 5% down payment for 6% APR and that his offer was crap and I hung up.

He calls back but I do not respond. A few minutes later, I get a voice mail from the "hang-up" department. Yes the "hang-up" department !!!! It must happen so often that they have a special department to deal with people who hang up on them. "We are sorry the communication was interrupted, we have top-notch software here that give us the best information, I need to educate you on FHA loans. Please call back, I can offer you a great deal at 6%".

Sorry I do not need to be educated, I have a PhD and an MBA, I know what I am doing. Please do not do business with these people, they are sharks preying on weak victims.

Chris
Chesterfield, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2008 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quicken-Loans/Michigan/Quicken-Loans-hang-up-Department-aggressive-tactics-high-rates-liars-Call-Center-Michi-380248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quicken Loans

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

NewKid

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to take a second to respond to your arrogant response to Chris' post.

Sounds like you told him. Few concerns here:
1. You answered a call during a meeting? who does that? no real business person answers a call during a meeting.

*********
If you have ever worked in a corporate environment (Quicken is far from that), you would see that this happens all the time. Being a 'kid' as you put it, I'm sure that this is probably your first job (outside of car sales).
*********

2. You are only putting 5% down? you should be happy to get a loan. I wish this were the 1980's when you had to put down 20% so arrogant people like you didnt think you were entitled to a mortgage. Home financing is a priviledge- not a right.

*********
What an arrogant response. You're calling people, begging them for business, and you think that you somehow are granting them a privilege to do business with Quicken. You know as well as I do that this is nothing more than Quicken's attitude as a company. Learn to be a free thinker...might do you some good someday.
*********

3. You have an MBA and PHD and you know what you are doing? Really, then why don't you have a mortgage professional. With all of your worldliness, one would assume you would know someone who has a friend in the business.

*********
Since when does having a PHD and MBA equate to knowing somebody in the mortgage industry? Again...do you know anything about the real world?
*********

You seem like a very sad person. But, hey, atleast you got in the last word with that guy.

Ha-ha- loser

********
Loser? Seriously.....you're calling him a loser? Do you realize that somebody who might be doing business with Quicken might decide to peruse this website to see what people think of Quicken? Do you think that calling an informed consumer a loser is something that will impress anybody? You...my friend...have a lot to learn.
********

This again is a prime example of the ignorant, elitist attitude of the typical employee of Quicken. New Kid....ask yourself....would your parents do business with you?

Chesterfield Phd

AUTHOR: Newkidontheblock - (U.S.A.)

Cheers Chris:)