Complaint Review: Quicken Loans

• Reported By: Concerned Party — 07405 New Jersey
Quicken Loans
Internet USA

Quicken Loans DO NOT use Quicken Loans - they are a fraud! Internet

Do not use Quicken Loans.   I contacted them regarding a refinance on my current property.  The company is a mortgage "warehouse".   During my initial experience, the company seemed great.   Quick service, good on line tools, promises of rate reductions should rates improve, etc.

I have stellar credit, a good paying job, and a home that I have build equity in.  I have never in my life been denied any kind of loan - until now.

The issue with them is the outside contractors they use to do their appraisals.  Their appraisers will grossly undervalue your home.   At which time Quicken will tell you that your "loan to value" ratio will not allow them to offer you a loan.   At this point, your $500 application fee will be almost completely "used up" to cover the cost of your credit reports, appraisal, etc.

I live in the Northeast and home values here have not slipped as much as in other areas.  We've had 2 other separate appraisals on our property which game in 30%-35% higher than the Quicken appraisers.

I went with a local bank, got my refinance and paid a lower application fee to boot.   Quicken Loans "investigated" the discrepancy, however, in the end I wound up out over $350 and did nothing but waste my time.

I would recommend using a trusted local or regional bank.   You'll get better service, especially if you can actually sit down in front of the person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quicken-Loans/internet/Quicken-Loans-DO-NOT-use-Quicken-Loans-they-are-a-fraud-Internet-1065199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quicken Loans