Complaint Review: Quicken Loans

• Submitted: Tue, September 09, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 10, 2008

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
Quicken Loans
Nationwide USA Internet U.S.A.

Quicken Loans Why is Quicken Loans a dishonest company? Let me show you.. Michigan Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: The state of Michigan will do nothing

*Consumer Comment: High Pressure Sales

Quicken Loans has been around for quite some time. There are many bankers in that company that are good.. most are inexperienced. I am a current employee, although not for very much longer. There's too much dishonesty, I am not comfortable misleading people the way we are expected to. Not all the time mind you, but in most cases. The fact of the matter is that it's likely a better bet to work with a better respected company, and one that doesn't pay all it's bankers on commission. Yes we are trained to convince you that we are the greatest banker in the history of mortgages, yes we will tell you we will work together with you forever and ever... And we will, when we are ready to make more commissions. The cost of doing mortgages through our company is high. Period. There are two important things to consider, we will revisit the notion that we are all paid on commission. This is your house, your money and these are likely to be the largest transactions you will ever make. The company has a long history in the business, which is a plus, however the bankers likely do not. Before I wrap this up I want to exemplify to the reader exactly why i would urge you not to do business with our company. I like to imagine myself working through the day at my desk with a potential client at my side. I put myself in their shoes, as they hear everything thats said, discussed, reviewed, charged, etc. Everything from conversations about how I can get them to do something, how i can convince them a loan makes sense, how i can get them excited enough about saving money that they dont care about all the built in fees and premium (which makes additional commission). And now i decide as a potential customer (with the insider knowledge), do i work with this company or do i not? Occasionally we have GREAT loans for people that make sense, most of the time we are back on the phone selling our butts off trying to convince you of why you need to move forward. If you were to hear your banker discussing your loan with the #1 goal being the biggest paycheck possible i don't think you would, If you saw the insane hours your banker was working when the company/site needs more loans, if you knew the commissions being paid, the bonuses that get paid out, i believe you would reach a decision after one day in my office not to work with this company.

Tired of working for a dishonest company
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2008 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quicken-Loans/internet/Quicken-Loans-Why-is-Quicken-Loans-a-dishonest-company-Let-me-show-you-Michigan-Interne-371374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quicken Loans

AUTHOR: Wow - (U.S.A.)

GET A LIFE LADY, SO YOU GOT A COLD CALL. BIG DEAL. WHY DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR CONGRESS LOSERS COME AFTER ME TO FOR TELLING YOU TO GET A LIFE!!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

The state of Michigan will do nothing

AUTHOR: Lender - (U.S.A.)

Skigirlvail

I'm glad you had the wisdom to stay away from this disgusting company. The sad thing is that thousands of other people per month do not have that wisdom. The saddest thing is that the state of Michigan has been ignoring complaints about Quicken Loans for years and will continue to do so. Talk to your friends in local government, do what you can, but i'm sorry to say that it will not help.

High Pressure Sales

AUTHOR: Skigirlvail - (U.S.A.)

Dear sir,

I share your thoughts about Quicken Loans.

I was contacted today by a female sales person at Quicken Loans in Michigan and informed that she had "inherited" my account. Interesting since I had no notification from either of my lenders that my mortgage had been sold.

All I am going to say is this: Based on my experience today with the phone call and subsequent emails still trying to convince me that Quicken Loans was the only company who would or could ever refinance my mortgages and would offer services and products no other company could offer, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and RipOffReport.

I told this woman that I was skeptical of her call, of her information and that I found the tone of the call predetory. I assured her I didn't ask for nor request her help nor did I need her help. I assured her that I would be paying both mortgages off in a month or so and she was exasperated. "Why would you ever pay off your mortgages" she asked? "Because I can", I answered.

I hung up on her and then immediately received two emails from her letting me know that no other company could offer the services Quicken can.

I am considering having an attorney write a letter on my behalf demanding an outline, in writing, of all of these wonderful services and an explanation of why only Quicken will be able to offer mortgages or refinances in the future. I think that would be of great interest to banks such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Citi Mortgage.

Unfortunately, this young lady has no idea who she was talking to. I have close friends from school in the US Congress, Michigan House of Representatives, Michigan Court of Appeals and the US District Court of Appeals in Michigan. I plan to write each of them and let them know that predatory and high pressure tactics in the mortgage industry must stop. There are people who aren't as experienced nor educated as I who can't discern honesty and integrity from greed.

I admire your desire to leave and seek employment with an ethical company. There are respectable jobs out there