Bobbie

• Updated: Sun, September 01, 2013

• Reported By: Vicky — Elko Nevada
Quicken loans
Internet, Select State/Province USA

Quicken loans Quicken sent me a pre approval letter then retracted it after I sold my home and signed another contract. Internet

I was divorced in may of 2010, after 15 years of marraige. I received the house and the morgage with it And 4 years alimony.  I refinanced through quicken because that's how we originally purchased the home and my ex demanded in the decree to be removed from the morgage and it took 6 months to do so. During this time i had to pay for two appraisels because they drug their feet and said an appraisel was only good fer three months. Ignorance on my part for not going through a reputiable lender; my husband had always handled our affairs.

My daughter  graduated in June and child support has stopped and I could no longer afford my home. I contacted Kristen Bunn at quicken whom I had dealt with on the refi. Kristin said it was no problem based on my alimony. I was moving to a city 300 hundred miles away and had not yet secured a job. She sent me a pre approval letter, so I sold my home and put a contract on another. [continued below]....

.....

Shortly after this, Kristin contacted me to inform me there was a problem. Stating I only had 18 months left of alimony and they didn't think it was long enough to secure a loan. She also stated she would check into it because she wasn't sure if it was just a quicken policy. I told her I did this based on the pre approval and we were going to be homeless. I have 4 dogs and its not like I could go get an apartment, and to rent a home is more then my original house payment.

She apologized and stated in ten years she had never over looked such a thing. I contacted a reputable lender and he stated its a federal law to have three years income. She lied to me and never once acknowledged this law once. I'm devastated as this has caused so much grief for us. Had she not lied and misrepresented herself I would have had time to figure something out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2013 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quicken-loans/Internet-Select-StateProvince/Quicken-loans-Quicken-sent-me-a-pre-approval-letter-then-retracted-it-after-I-sold-my-hom-1080881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quicken loans