Complaint Review: Quickstar Productions, LLC

• Submitted: Sat, January 08, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, January 08, 2011

• Reported By: Ron — SPRING Texas USA
Quickstar Productions, LLC

Quickstar Productions, LLC Paid to be on compilation CD; 1.5 years later -- no CDs, Internet

Paid $150 to be included on their "Unified by Grace" compilation CD, after being contacted by one of their reps through myspace. The deal includes my receiving 50 copies of the compilation CD for me to sell on my own, helping to promote the compilation. Everyone else on the compilation is supposed to do the same. Also, for any physical CD or digital download sales they make, I'm supposed to get a commission.

After much waiting and repeated calls, they notified me that I was being bumped to their "A Call for Healing, Volume 1" compilation. Fine.

So the compilation finally gets completed and appears on iTunes, Amazon, various other online music stores. Fine. I call up to ask where are my CDs. They say they're waiting on some artwork before going to the CD duplicator for pressing. Fine.

It's now been over a year-and-a-half since I submitted my song. I never received any CDs. I also have never received any commission, or any report of any online sales. No reporting at all.

I've found several BBB complaints against this company.

The company claims the Canadian CD duplication company they contracted with went bankrupt after they paid them thousands of dollars to press CDs, and that messed them up financially. Not sure if this is true or not. I just want my CDs and my revenue from online sales. Barring that, I want them to take my song down from online distribution, and refund my money. They have committed breach of contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2011 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quickstar-Productions-LLC/internet/Quickstar-Productions-LLC-Paid-to-be-on-compilation-CD-15-years-later-no-CDs-Intern-680363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quickstar Productions, LLC