Complaint Review: QuikTrip

• Submitted: Mon, January 07, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: R. D. — Richardson Texas United States of America
901 E Division Street Arlington, Texas United States of America

QuikTrip QuikTrip gas station deliberately rigs equipment to scam consumers! Arlington, Texas

I routinely drive in and out of Arlington so this is one of the most convenient gas stations for me. Tragically, they are also one of the worst. I have been ripped off TWICE at this exact location.

The first time I was using my debit card to buy gas but the card reader was broken, so I had to go inside and prepay. I then went out to pump the gas I had paid for, and a few seconds in the pump shut itself off! I had to keep squeezing it to get my money's worth.

I swore then I would never return, but I gave into the allure of convenience and returned a few more times. This last time I was ripped off AGAIN. I had lost my debit card so I had no choice but to use cash. I did just that and again, it kept shutting off.

There was a new twist this time; about 11.5 gallons in, I stopped hearing the characteristic rush in the hose. In a desperate attempt to get my money's worth I pressed on, and the counters went up until I had used up the amount I put in.

I went inside to tell management what was wrong and I was treated like an idiot. The manager claimed that I had gotten what I paid for simply because the counter inside showed it. He gave me a string of canned responses like "We calibrate our pumps frequently" and "it all comes out of one tank in the ground, so why should it matter?" all while wearing a smug little grin on his face.

Consumers, take note: this gas station is exploiting a state law requiring prepayment for gasoline to cheat you out of your hard-earned money! Do NOT buy gas here! You WILL be sorry!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/QuikTrip/Arlington-Texas-76011/QuikTrip-QuikTrip-gas-station-deliberately-rigs-equipment-to-scam-consumers-Arlington-T-993077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on QuikTrip