• Report: #1001919

Complaint Review: Quotesource

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Justin — Portland Oregon U.S.A.
Quotesource
2249 E. Garvey West Covina, California United States of America

Quotesource MS Direct Insurance Services WORK-AT-HOME TELESALES SCAM West Covina, California

*Author of original report: Update

*Consumer Comment: Contact me!

Here's what happened to me. Mark Flores put up an ad for his company Quotesource, to hire agents across the country for an "Off-site agent program", selling life and health insurance over the phone. Free leads, nearly unlimited leads, etc. Sounded good, but the "catch" was that there was a $450 lead security deposit. Most companies would charge nearly that amount for 1 set of direct mail leads anyway, so I wasn't alarmed. But, I wanted to confirm that if I didn't get appointed, that I'd be getting the deposit back. Mark's response "Absolutely! It's only a deposit!" Sounds good. No reason not to trust him.

Similar to other reports, I was promised 70-80 leads/week and by week 2, I'd have enough to be very busy. Ok. But a couple weeks go by and nothing. After Thanksgiving, I get an email (that I'm sure was sent out to multiple agents), saying that we're almost ready to go. But, I get nothing in the mail from MOO, saying I was my contract was being reviewed. Nothing. I ask him about it, and he tells me he told everyone else - Don't worry! I have a lot of pull, and you should be getting your writing number any day now! Ok.

On Dec. 17, 2012, I get an email from Robert Halbot, who says he's Mark's best friend and business partner. He said that Mark got into an auto accident and the situation is dire. In regards to the my situation, they will be evaluating it and getting in touch with me. Again, not sure how to feel. This guy has been giving me the run-around this entire time.

Fast forward to January 8, 2013, I get another email from Robert. He now says that Mark will make a miraculous recovery, but until further notice, operations will be temporarily (if not permanently) shut down. And in regards to our situation, refunds would be given on a case-by-case basis. I forwarded my email, asking for a refund since Mark told me that I was absolutely guaranteed a refund if I didn't get appointed. As of January 23, 2013, I'm still waiting.

I've learned a few things. First, they have had these complaints in 2 other states (Missouri and Illiinois, I believe). Also, Mark isn't even appointed with MOO. Here is his license (click on the hyperlink license and it'll redirect you to the CA Dept of Insurance website). In Googling the address, Robert's name comes up. Only, it isn't Halbot, but rather "Robert James Abbott". Here is his Utah license. Here is his CA license

Lastly, I have been in touch with the CA Attorney General, and I will be trying to contact any and all people who were scammed by these people (person?) in regards to this situation. I don't know if he got into an accident or not, but it's very hard to believe based on other people's claims.

Contact me if you'd like to ensure that this person(persons) get prosecuted for this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quotesource/West-Covina-California-91791/Quotesource-MS-Direct-Insurance-Services-WORK-AT-HOME-TELESALES-SCAM-West-Covina-Californ-1001919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quotesource

Update

AUTHOR: Justin - (USA)

He's back at it again!

Mark Flores is now operating under "e-termlifeamerica.com"

Here is his CL post:

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS JACK@$$. He will take your money and run. Give him nothing. This is the same Mark Flores that ripped a bunch of people off. Call the number, you'll hear the same voicemail that is definitely him from when he was heading up Quotesource.

Contact me!

AUTHOR: rippedoff - (United States of America)

Hello! I as well as many others have gone through the exact same thing with Mark Flores. I have a whole list of people across the country with the same story and willing to file a class action suit against this scammer. It's not about the money anymore, but rather to put this guy out of business for good so he cannot ever do this again. How can I get in contact with you? We can pool our resources and get this done!