Complaint Review: Qwest - Afni

• Submitted: Tue, February 23, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 23, 2010

• Reported By: patrick — portland Oregon United States of America
Qwest - Afni

Qwest - Afni Fraudulent debt sold to collections--possible credit issues Internet

details:  Qwest, through a 'company mistake', created a bogus account for my wife under her maiden name. Then sold it to a collections agency having never contacted her or myself after almost 6 years.  Finally, after speaking with a supervisor, the qwest agent explained that there was nothing he could do to help and reccomended that I call afni and tell them qwest had made a 'company error'.  when i called afni they indicated that they would begin an 'identity theft' investigation.  this week a recieved a letter stating that we were relieved of responsibility of the debt, with no further explanation.

So I called qwest to try and figure out what had happened and hopefully let someone know that they needed to work on their customer service a little.  at the conclusion of a fairly pleasant conversation with justin from the boise office, it became apparent that the rep from my previous phone call was correct. [continued below]....
.....  The official position of qwest was sorry for your luck.  after a little debate about consumer protection i decided to explore the issue a little further.  Upon discovering qwests sorted history I decided to contact the FTC, FCC my local PUC, and district attorney's office.  So far only the FTC has been helpful at all but we'll see.

The whole experience made me go back over a previous rediculous dispute and I may have discovered that both my credit and my wifes credit were adversely affected by qwests false reporting.  I'll update as I find out more.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2010 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Qwest-Afni/internet/Qwest-Afni-Fraudulent-debt-sold-to-collections-possible-credit-issues-Internet-573828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Qwest - Afni