Complaint Review: Qwest Communications

• Submitted: Fri, January 23, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 08, 2009

• Reported By:Cambridge Minnesota
Qwest Communications
www.qwest.com Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Qwest Communications TOLD IN NOVEMBER NO LONGER HOLD ME TO WIRELESS CONTRACT/PRICE JACK UP Seattle Washington

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You counld have left without the charge but not with your numbers

I received my November 2008 Qwest bill, having been with them since 2004 we were paying 89.99 for 1200 shared family minutes on our 2 phones. They got us to renew our contract for another 2 years around June/July of 2008 telling me that we were renewing early so in actuality it would be up in 1 1/2 years, and gave us a credit for each of the 2 cell phones for doing so. Forward to October...raised our rate from 89.99 to 129.99...WTF!

I called Qwest and the person stated they were losing money and we had a "grandfathered" plan price & it was now regular price (I don't think so!) and that we would no longer be held to our contract if we decided to switch (I believe this was the migration dept). From what that person told me the end of December 2008 I had our 2 phone #'s ported to Sprint (don't let Qwest strong arm you into a Verizon contract).

A week later they put a 200.00 charge + taxes for each phone ($445 total) under an undetailed section & only by calling them they told me it was for porting the #'s out & breaking our contract. Now our bill is due around the 27th of each month...it was paid in full the end of December...they sent us a disconnect letter stating that if the $445 wasn't paid by January 22, 2009 our home & internet would be shut off also.

Fri Jan 16th I spoke to approx 8 different Qwest people throughout the day....none would credit the ridiculous charges...the last one actual said the person in November shouldn't have told me that (A little late now!). Files a complaint with the FTC, & MN Attorney Generals Office a coupld days ago. Would like to know any similar price jacks/situations.

Curt
Cambridge, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2009 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Qwest-Communications/Seattle-Washington-98111/Qwest-Communications-TOLD-IN-NOVEMBER-NO-LONGER-HOLD-ME-TO-WIRELESS-CONTRACTPRICE-JACK-UP-415441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Qwest Communications

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You counld have left without the charge but not with your numbers

AUTHOR: Grif - (U.S.A.)

Since Qwest made a material change to your wireless plan the contract could have been voided at no cost but porting your number would not be an option then. Sorry.