Complaint Review: Qwest

• Updated: Fri, October 05, 2007

• Reported By:Pueblo Colorado
Qwest
Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Qwest - Orbit Telecom ripoff lacks consumer protection to 3rd party billing without consumer consent or awareness Denver Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: This is an Orbit complaint not a Qwest complaint

*Consumer Comment: Orbit Lies

*UPDATE Employee: Director of Customer Service

Have just got off the phone with Qwest in inquiring what the charges for Orbit Telecom were for. Was informed that they are a third party billing voicemail company. How? I have not authorized any such service. Got an inconsiderate response indidcating that I had to have authorized it for it to be billed. I am under the impression that I would be informed of such a request to bill. I am appauled at the ignorant, condescending remarks I received from personnel Drew I talked with. Customer Service with Qwest definitely lacks respect for the consumer. I am unaware of how the information was submitted for the charges to be applied.

I requested from now on, and to my understanding from previous problems reported, that I would be notified of any change requests before they would be applied to my account. I was told that this was not possible. In order to find out any information about my account I have to give the number, billing area code and address, my name in full and a password that the personnel refuse to give a reminder question if asked for it, in order to remember the password.

In researching Orbit Telecom on the internet I have found there are many consumer complaints. This company apparently gains its information to submit for third party billings, in an inconspicuous, fraudulent manner where the consumer is unaware of being billed for an unrequired sevice. Why is Qwest not aware and doing something about it?

The thing that really gets me, is that the name I am being billed for my phone is not the name I have been using for the last 4 years. So is this Fraud? Or Identity Theft? OR could Qwest be selling information to these third party Billers.

M
Pueblo, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2005 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Qwest/Denver-Colorado-80244-0001/Qwest-Orbit-Telecom-ripoff-lacks-consumer-protection-to-3rd-party-billing-without-consum-129002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Qwest

This is an Orbit complaint not a Qwest complaint

AUTHOR: Grif - (U.S.A.)

You said: "Why is Qwest not aware and doing something about it?

Sure would be nice for the consumer to be protected, and more that Qwest become governmet regulated as a Monopoly in the industry."

Here's the problem Qwest is required by law to bill you for charges sent by these thrid party billers. Qwest has no information on why they are billing you or if it's valid. As a company to be in legal compliance Qwest can not do what you want.

I have customers bringing thier bills to our store at least once a week with charges like this and all we can do is have them file a dispute with Qwest billing for the charges so thier services continue while they fight the charges and then have them call the company that's billing them to contunue/complete the duispute. In your case you need to call/email/whatever Orbit to truly take care of this.

Trust me Qwest would prefer not to have to add these to your bill.

Orbit Lies

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

My phone service was changed in Colorado without my consent.

Yes I have filed a complaint and it is under a criminal investigation.

Orbit added charges to my phoneline when someone else told them too.

They do not check if its the person that has the service they just want more customers to bill.

Please do not misrepresent your companies practices.

Director of Customer Service

AUTHOR: Nicole - (U.S.A.)

Hello, the complaint in which you have submitted is directed toward Quest. Our company does not just charge someones phone line randomly. we do require specific information, which includes an IP address.Which helps us to locate where the request came from. There are many times that the customer does not realize that they have signed up for our service during a survey that offers the customer a free $500 shopping spree.We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Please call 1-800-263-0206 at anytime if you have any questions or if we may assist you in anything.

Director Of Customer Service