Complaint Review: Qwest

• Submitted: Thu, April 03, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, April 03, 2003

• Reported By:richfield Minnesota
P.O. Box 1301 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Qwest Communications Dishonest Billing with no explanations other than YOU MUST PAY ripoff Qwest is the worst company I could ever imagine doing business with ever Minneapolis Minnesota

I have been with Qwest for 3 years now.

At first things were fine with a basic phone service that was installed and ready for use upon move-in to my new home.

Eventually I needed more services, including a cellular phone, and internet service (Qwest MSN).

Here's where the hell began...

My Nokia (cell) comes in the mail, it works right away, and everything is fine. The phone doesn't come in very well due to the "poor" reception Minneapolis, MN., has, according to Qwest, so I was talked into upgrading.

I accepted the offer and ended up with a more expensive phone that now works more poorly than the first one did. I was talked into this phone, because it came highly recomended by the represenative in Arizona that has one herself, and promised it would work fine for me. Well, it did not work at all.

At this point my only options were to again "upgrade"... I don't think so. I asked for my cell phone minutes to be dropped down to the lowest possible plan as I would no longer be using it until this so-called make believe "contract" expires.

Great, a $14.00 a month plan has turned into one $200 bill after another, for a phone that sits in my desk drawer, never used, and the battery is dead. At this point I am amazed and horrified at how anyone can consider this a respectable business.

To now further my dilemma, I have personally documented over 23 hours of phone calls in one year trying to dispute, discuss, and become a natural for being on hold.

I am now at my 3 year mark with Qwest, and still, nothing has been settled, and I wonder how can they get away with this ??????????

I have 3 services with them, 1.home phone 2.cell phone 3. interent service.

I ordered DSL for my interent service about a year ago, it has been canceled out and re-ordered 12 times, and as i was finally guranteed and promised that I would receive this service, it has been 3 monthes and still no DSL !!

I went ahead and ordered DSL with our local cable company and it arrived one day after ordering it, and installed by a tech that came right to my house. How's that for service.

My message to Qwest is : I will not stop nor take a single break until I have made you 100% accountable for causing this kind of problem to me, my household, and at this point my health. I have cried, I have migranes, I am so angry that it is affecting everyone around me, I will NOT put up with this kind of service any longer. You people will pay for your rudeness, your lack of customer support, your lies, misconceptions, and for my well being !!! Qwest is the worst company I could ever imagine doing business with ever !

richfield, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2003 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Qwest/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55483-0001/Qwest-Communications-Dishonest-Billing-with-no-explanations-other-than-YOU-MUST-PAY-ripoff-51527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Qwest